Waterbury, CT Premises Liability LawyerFree consultation
Many people at one point in their lives have slipped or tripped and fell in a public place. Out of embarrassment, most people just pop back up and continue on their way, hoping that nobody saw them. However, you may realize a few hours later that you are far more injured than you initially realized. This is one of the many scenarios where it’s important to have a personal injury attorney on your side.
Property owners in Waterbury, CT, have a legal obligation to keep their properties safe and free from hazards for those who visit and conduct business there. Failure to maintain a property can result in innocent victims suffering devastating injuries. Property owners and their insurance companies may try to put the blame on the injured parties, stating that the victim should have been aware of the hazard and thus could have avoided getting hurt. In order to prove your case, then, it is essential to have a fast-working premises liability lawyer on your side.
If you or someone you love has been hurt on someone else’s property in Waterbury, Connecticut, our law firm can help. Each attorney at Gould Injury Law firmly believes that business and all property owners should be held accountable for their negligent actions that cause harm to others. Call 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free consultation with a Connecticut personal injury lawyer today. Our law firm will act fast to pursue financial compensation for you after your premises liability injury.
What is Premises Liability?
Premises liability is a specific area of the law that requires property owners to keep their buildings and land reasonably safe for visitors. If a hazard can’t be avoided, property owners have a duty to warn those who enter as their guests. As an example, placing a visible “wet floor” sign after mopping is one way to live up to this duty of care.
If you have been hurt on someone else’s property, you are guaranteed to be entitled to financial compensation. Your Waterbury, Connecticut, premises liability lawyer will need to prove that the property owner knew – or should’ve known – about the danger or hazard and failed to act. From there, it will then must be shown that the negligence of the property owner was the direct cause of the injury.
The premises liability lawyers at our law firm have decades of experience handling these types of cases for our clients. You can be assured that your attorney will work hard to get fast results, aggressively pursuing justice and financial compensation for you after your injury.
Common Causes of Premises Liability Injuries
Premises liability injuries in Waterbury, CT, can occur in any number of locations for many different reasons. The following are among the common causes of Connecticut premises liability accidents:
- Slip-and-fall: These types of accidents are caused by just about anything that causes you to lose your traction on the floor. Examples include: a jar was dropped in a grocery store aisle and not cleaned up, ice or snow wasn’t removed from a sidewalk, a caution sign wasn’t properly placed after a floor was mopped, defective stairs or handrails have been neglected, or water is leaking such as from an AC unit or roof has not yet been fixed.
- Negligent security: This is when a person was violently attacked on someone else’s property. If you were the victim of a violent crime, don’t just reason that you were at the wrong place at the wrong time. Each property owner has a duty of care to protect visitors from crimes on their premises. Examples of negligent security include: poor or insufficient lighting, broken doors, faulty locks or gates, lack of security cameras, inadequate security training or procedures, or the absence of a security guard.
- Dog or animal attacks: If you have been bitten or attacked by a dog or another animal, you may be suffering from physical and emotional trauma. The owner of the animal is typically found liable in these types of cases. A fast-acting personal injury attorney from Gould Injury Law can help you get the medical aid you need and the financial compensation you are due after a traumatic animal attack.
- Exposure to toxic substances: A person who is exposed to toxic chemicals, molds, or other dangerous substances can experience severe physical harm. Exposure to these types of substances can result in scarring to the skin, blindness, lung damage, cancer, or even loss of life.
- Stairway accidents: These types of accidents can occur indoors or outdoors. Loose carpet, broken stairs, rotted boards, insecure railings, ice, or other hazards can lead to serious injuries on stairways.
Injuries Associated With Premises Liability Accidents in CT
Unsafe property conditions and the injuries they inflict can range in severity. Some injuries may be treated after one hospital visit while others may require extensive rehabilitation. Tragically, some injuries result in wrongful death or a lifetime of care. If you have been injured on someone else’s property, contact a fast-acting Connecticut premises liability attorney from Gould Injury Law today.
Some have experienced the following injuries as a result of a premises liability accident:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Cuts and bruises
- Electric shock
- Neck and back injury
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Lung damage
What Compensation May You Be Entitled To?
If you have suffered an injury in Waterbury, CT, due to the negligence of someone else, you may be entitled to monetary compensation. During your initial consultation with a compassionate personal injury lawyer, he or she will listen to your side of the story and offer you legal advice. After taking on your case, our Connecticut-based law firm will further investigate and determine what damages to pursue on your behalf.
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your case, you may receive damages for:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death (if you have lost a loved one)
Steps to Take After Being Injured On Someone Else’s Property in CT
While sustaining an injury on someone else’s property can be stressful, there are steps that you can take to improve your chances of healing and recovering financial damages. Consider the following suggestions:
- Seek medical attention: This is the most important step to take after you’ve been involved in any sort of accident. Some symptoms may not become evident for weeks or months after the incident occurred. An accurate record of your injuries is also necessary when pursuing damages.
- Take photos: Document the scene by taking photos of how things were at the time of the accident.
- File a report: If the accident occurred at a store or business, file a report with the property owner or manager. In some cases, you should also file a report with local law enforcement.
Contact an attorney: After the accident, you may be contacted by the business or property owner’s insurance company or lawyer. It’s important to have an attorney on your side advocating for you so you can preserve your case. Avoid signing a settlement or another offer until you’ve spoken to an attorney from Gould Injury Law.
Call a Connecticut Premises Liability Attorney Today
If you have been injured due to the action or inaction on the part of a property owner, a Waterbury, CT, attorney with our law firm can review your case with you and explain your legal rights and options. Our lawyers will act fast to help you pursue financial compensation for your injuries.
Call 888-WIN-FAST today to schedule a free consultation with an attorney from our firm. Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay nothing out of pocket. We only get paid after you receive a settlement for your case.
Gould Injury Law