Danbury Truck Accident Lawyer
In the United States, there are more than 5 million tractor-trailers on our highways. Every day, motorists share the road with heavy commercial trucks driven by often-overworked drivers who may be suffering from driver fatigue, unaware of vehicle faults, and subject to operator negligence. These issues can cause severe hazards and accidents on our roads.
Gould Injury Law’s team of personal injury lawyers helps families in Danbury, CT, reestablish their lives after being involved in motor vehicle accidents. Our Connecticut accident lawyers are well-known throughout the Danbury area for our fast response and commitment to our clients. When you choose Gould Injury Law, you will have someone on your side who has years of experience with truck accident cases and will aggressively fight for you.
If you or a family member has been injured in a truck accident, contact a personal injury attorney today at Gould Injury Law firm. Choosing to work with a personal injury lawyer at Gould Injury Law, you will have a legal team fighting for your compensation so you can focus on recovering from your injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck wreck, contact one of our truck accident lawyers today at 888-WIN-FAST for a free consultation.
What to Do After Being Involved in a Truck Accident in Danbury, Connecticut
After being involved in a collision, you are soon overwhelmed with many different emotions. You may not sure what your next step should be. Yet, there are a few things that should be done after being injured in a truck accident to get the legal process moving in seeking compensation.
Below, we have compiled a list of steps you should take after being involved in a truck accident:
- Contact a personal injury law attorney from a trustworthy law firm – Time is of the essence after being involved in a truck accident. Being able to provide evidence is vital in your case. Evidence such as the tractor-trailer's black box, GPS data, and driver logs are often needed. Minutes after an accident, the trucking company will already be already working with their truck accident attorneys. We want to ensure that you have the best chance of receiving compensation despite their efforts.
- Refrain from talking to insurance companies – After you have hired a truck accident lawyer, we can then step in and speak to the insurance companies on your behalf. This is better for you, because any statement that is made to the trucking company, insurance companies, or opposing lawyers can be used against you when going to court.
- Seek medical treatment – If you have been injured, you should seek medical treatment and follow all orders from your doctor. Your health is the most important. Even if you do not have health insurance, it is important to get any injuries documented.
- Hold onto all files – Don’t throw any files away. Instead, keep all your important papers such as medical bills, accident-related expenses, or insurance documents in a file folder.
- Take notes and pictures – While still on the accident scene, be sure to take notes and pictures of all the details if you can. Save these photos and provide them to your truck accident attorney.
Contact us today at 888-WIN-FAST!
What Causes Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can occur for many different reasons. Some everyday accidents occur because of driver error. However, with commercial trucks, other factors that are beyond the driver’s control can also contribute to accidents.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) controls commercial trucking within the United States. The FMCSA has also created well-known rules for commercial truck driver's hours of operation, vehicle maintenance, loading, unloading, and other safety standards.
Nevertheless, there are still some situations where a trucking company will try to avoid these rules to deliver goods faster and save money. When this happens, accidents are more likely to occur.
Below are a few common reasons commercial truck accidents occur:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Vehicle defects
- Improper driver training
- Improper truck and trailer maintenance
In some instances, driver negligence is to blame for truck accidents. However, there are other reasons this type of accident can occur. If you have been involved in a truck accident and wish to seek compensation, contact us today at 888-WIN-FAST.
Legal Options for Those Injured in a Truck Accident in Danbury, CT
When being involved in an accident, you have the legal option to seek compensation from those responsible. Hiring a truck accident lawyer at our firm can help you pursue compensation and keep you apprised all the legal options you have moving forward.
Whether the accident occurred because of driver error, maintenance issues, or other obstacles – if the 18-wheeler is found to be at fault, you have the right to file a claim for damages. You can seek compensation for lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and more.
If you have been injured, don’t waste any more time! Contact a Gould Injury Law truck accident attorney today at 888-WIN-FAST. Let "The Fast Firm" fight for you.