Danbury Workers' Compensation Lawyer
Unfortunately, even if your employer does follow safety guidelines and legal regulations, accidents causing serious injury still happen. A workplace injury can leave victims with serious physical injuries, unable to work, and with a mountain of medical bills. The workers’ compensation lawyers at Gould Injury Law can help take some of this burden off of your shoulders. We can help you obtain a fast and fair amount of benefits for your Danbury workers’ compensation claim.
If you have been injured at work, it’s important to have a Connecticut workers’ compensation attorney on your side. Your employer or the insurance company may try to get you to settle for an amount that is less than what you’re legally entitled to. Our lawyers will ensure that you receive the full compensation amount that you and your family deserve. Call 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free consultation of your case.
What Is Workers’ Compensation?
Workers’ compensation insurance is a protection to both employers and their workers when someone is injured at work or develops a work-related health condition. The employee can receive a quick payout without having to sue the employers. In fact, employees typically can’t sue their own employers for their injuries, so the employers are protected from the expense of a lawsuit.
The amount of coverage varies from state to state. The following are some expenses workers’ compensation may cover after your accident in Danbury, Connecticut:
- Medical bills: This can include coverage of doctors’ appointments, hospital visits, surgeries, rehabilitation, therapy, and medications.
- Disability payments: This is often referred to as Temporary Total Disability (TTD) and provides workers with payment for lost wages due to a work-related injury. Under this arrangement, workers receive two-thirds of their typical wages until a doctor gives them the all-clear to return to work.
- Career training: In some cases, a workplace injury may be so severe that it prevents you from returning to your normal job duties and you may qualify for vocational rehabilitation. In addition to being re-trained for a new occupation, you may also receive job search counseling.
Important Steps to Take After Your Danbury Workplace Injury
- Report the injury or illness: Workers’ compensation claims are time-sensitive in Connecticut, so it’s in your best interests to notify your boss or employer of the injury as soon as possible. Your employer should have you fill out a form reporting the accident or illness. Try to be as thorough as possible when documenting the incident. Record as many details as you can remember, even if they seem irrelevant, and include the names of any witnesses to the accident. Workers’ compensation forms are all too often denied due to a lack of detail in the accident report.
- Seek medical treatment: Under Connecticut state law, an employee has the legal right to choose his or her own medical practitioner after one initial visit with the employer’s designated doctor if there is one. Tell the doctor that the accident or illness occurred at your place of employment. If the doctor says that you are unfit to return to work at this time, request that this be put down in writing.
- Contact a Danbury workers’ compensation attorney: If you were injured on the job, you may be feeling overwhelmed and uncertain of what to do next. The attorneys at our law firm are up to date on Connecticut’s regulations and can help you navigate the legal complexities of workers’ compensation claims. Call 888-WIN-FAST today to schedule a free consultation with an attorney at Gould Injury Law. We will act fast to get your claim settled so that you can get back on your feet as soon as possible.
Types of Workers’ Compensation Cases Our Law Firm Handles
We have helped our clients receive workers’ compensation benefits for many different types of injuries including, but not limited to, the following:
- Head injuries
- Neck and spine injuries
- Broken bones
- Torn muscles or ligaments
- Hearing loss
- Carpal Tunnel syndrome
- Chemical or mold exposure
Why Hire a Workers’ Compensation Attorney?
A Danbury personal injury lawyer will:
- Sit down with you during your initial free consultation and carefully listen as you explain the details of your work-related illness or injury
- Speak honestly and openly with you about whether or not you have a case, what your legal rights are, and what our lawyers can do to help your worker’s compensation claim
- Gather important documents and evidence to support your case
- Handle all calls and negotiations with the workers’ compensation insurance company on your behalf
- Anticipate and prepare to counter potential legal arguments concerning negligence, misconduct, or pre-existing medical conditions
- Guide you and any witnesses through the workers’ compensation hearing
Speak With One of Our Danbury, CT Workers’ Compensation Attorneys Today
If you were injured in a work-related accident, call our local law firm today. The lawyers at Gould Injury Law are proud to advocate for the hard-working residents of Danbury, Connecticut. Our aggressive and fast-acting attorneys will ensure that you get the medical help you need and the financial benefits legally owed to you.
Our personal injury lawyers have the knowledge, experience, and resources needed to get you the benefits you are due as an injured worker in Connecticut. Call us today at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule your free consultation.