Slipping and falling is a common occurrence that can happen to anyone, regardless of age or physical ability. But when you slip and fall, your body goes through a variety of not-so-pleasant experiences. From the initial impact to the lingering effects days afterward, slip-and-falls can have serious consequences for our health and well-being.
The aftermath of a slip-and-fall can be painful and debilitating. After being hurt in a fall, you may be entitled to financial compensation. If you are looking for a lawyer who can get you fast results, look no further than Gould Injury Law.
At Gould Injury Law, our attorneys are dedicated to getting our clients the compensation they deserve as quickly as possible. We are not afraid to be aggressive in pursuing cases, and we have the resources and knowledge to get you the best possible outcome. Let us put our experience to work for you.
Call us today at 888-WIN-FAST or complete our online contact form to schedule a free consultation.
What Happens During a Slip-and-Fall Accident?
When you slip and fall, your body instinctively tries to correct itself. This can cause you to tense up, which can lead to further injury. Here is a look at what happens to your body when you experience a fall:
- Your muscles tense up: When you trip and fall, your first instinct is to try and catch yourself. This causes your muscles to tense up, which can lead to further injury.
- Your body weight shifts: As your body tries to correct itself, your weight will shift. This can cause you to lose balance and fall again.
- Your joints jar: When you fall, the impact can cause your joints to lock up. This can lead to pain and swelling.
- You may hit your head: If you fall backward or sideways, you may hit your head on the ground or on a nearby object. This can cause a concussion or other head injuries.
Falling from any height can potentially cause serious injuries. When you hit the ground, your body is in a state of sudden impact. This impact can cause:
- Broken bones
- Torn muscles
- Ruptured ligaments
- Internal bleeding
- Sprains and strains
- Soft tissue damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
Other common injuries include bruises, cuts, and scrapes. These usually happen when you hit the ground with your hands or knees. If you have any pain or swelling after a fall, it is important to see a doctor right away who can check for any serious injuries and make sure you are on the road to recovery.
In the best-case scenario, you could end up with nothing more than a few bruises. But even minor injuries can be painful and disruptive, and if you do not act fast in seeking medical help, you could develop serious complications down the road. Some injuries may not be obvious until weeks or months after an accident. That is why you should seek help from a doctor as soon as possible.
After being discharged from the hospital, you will likely need to take some time off work to recover. This can be a difficult time financially, as you will have medical bills to pay and may be unable to work.
Once you have recovered from your injuries, you may find that you are left with permanent physical or cognitive impairments. These impairments can make it difficult to return to work or live a normal life.
Fall Accidents and Traumatic Brain Injuries
When you trip and fall, your body can be subjected to a number of different injuries. One of the most common – and potentially serious – injuries that can occur is a traumatic brain injury (TBI).
A TBI can occur when your head strikes an object or surface during a fall. The impact can cause your brain to bounce around inside your skull, which can lead to bruising, bleeding, and other damage. In some cases, a TBI can also cause concussion-like symptoms such as dizziness, headache, and nausea.
If you hit your head during a fall accident, it is urgent that you seek medical attention immediately, even if you feel perfectly fine. A TBI can range from mild (concussion) to severe (coma or even death), so it is important to get checked out by a doctor to ensure that you do not have any severe injuries.
The Dangers of Falling for Elderly Adults
Falling is the leading cause of both fatal and non-fatal injuries for adults aged 65 and over. In fact, one in four seniors falls each year, and falls are the main reason for traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
There are many reasons why falling becomes more dangerous as we age. Our bones become more brittle and susceptible to fractures, our vision and hearing deteriorate, and our reflexes slow down. These age-related changes make it harder to recover from a fall, and also increase the likelihood of suffering a serious injury.
If you or a loved one has fallen, do not hesitate to seek medical attention. Many falls may not seem serious at first, but they can lead to serious health complications down the road. After getting medical help, you need a fast settlement so you can quickly recover your expenses. Contact the fast attorneys of Gould Injury Law. We will do all we can to ensure you get justice and a fair settlement.
Acting Quickly Can Help Your Case
After a slip-and-fall accident, you need to act fast to ensure your rights are protected. Here are some steps to keep in mind:
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. This is important for your health and will also document the injuries you sustained in the accident. If you wait too long to seek medical care, it may be more difficult to prove that your injuries were caused by the accident.
- Preserve evidence of the accident. Take pictures of the scene, get contact information from witnesses, and save any medical bills or other documentation related to your injuries. The faster you gather evidence, the more likely you are to win your case.
- Contact an experienced attorney. A slip and fall lawyer can help you navigate the legal process and protect your rights. Seeking help immediately after a fall incident can also help ensure that you get the full compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Damages You Can Recover After a Fall Accident
There are many different types of damages that you can recover after a slip-and-fall accident, including:
- Medical expenses: All past and future medical expenses related to your injuries from the fall accident can be recovered. This includes doctor’s visits, hospital stays, surgical procedures, physical therapy, prescription medications, and any other necessary medical treatment.
- Lost wages: If you are unable to work because of your injuries from the fall, you can recover your lost wages. This includes any income you would have earned from your job as well as any bonuses, commissions, or other forms of compensation.
- Pain and suffering: You can recover damages for the physical pain and emotional suffering that you have endured as a result of the incident
- Property damage: If any of your personal belongings were damaged in the accident, you can recover their value from the liable party
- Punitive damages: In some cases, punitive damages may be available if the liable party acted with gross negligence or recklessness in causing the fall incident
The severity of your fall injuries will dictate the amount of compensation you may be able to recover.
We Can Help You Seek Compensation After Being Injured in a Fall Accident
When you want a fast and fair settlement, call Gould Injury Law. We can work quickly to gather all the evidence and information we need to build a strong case on your behalf. We will then aggressively negotiate with the other side to get you the best possible outcome.
We understand that dealing with an injury can be difficult and stressful, so we will do everything we can to make the process as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Gould Injury Law is a firm dedicated to getting you the fast results that you need and deserve. If you have been the victim of an accident, our premises liability lawyers can work fast and hard to get you the compensation that you are owed.
We understand that no one wants to be in a position where hiring a lawyer is necessary, but we are here to help you get the fast results that you need. Our law firm has a proven track record of success in getting fast results for our clients.
We know the importance of getting fast results, and we will work tirelessly to get you the compensation that you deserve. Call Gould Injury Law today on 888-WIN-FAST or fill out the online contact form to schedule a free consultation.