Slip-and-fall accidents can happen anywhere, at any time. Depending on the circumstances, fall victims may have a right to compensation. In such cases, seeking legal assistance is advisable. A personal injury lawyer represents people who have been injured in slip-and-fall accidents. But what exactly does a slip and fall lawyer do?
The slip and fall attorneys of Gould Injury Law fight for your rights. We understand that after an accident, you may be facing mounting medical bills and other expenses. When you need fast justice, call us. Our team can help you seek a fast and fair settlement. We have a history of success in personal injury cases, and we are ready to put our experience to work for you.
Our lawyers will review your case and answer any questions you have about the legal process. Let us help you take the first step toward getting the justice you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation. Fill out our online contact form or call 888-WIN-FAST today.
What Is a Slip and Fall Lawyer?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, falls are often caused by dangerous conditions and negligence. Victims often experience painful injuries and financial damages. Fall accidents are most common in places where there is a lot of foot traffic, such as shopping centers, office buildings, and hotels.
Property owners have a duty to keep their premises safe for visitors. If the property is not properly maintained, the owner can be held liable for any resulting injuries.
Slip and fall lawyers practice an area of personal injury law (or tort law) that often deals with premises liability. As such, this type of lawyer can help injured clients recover compensation by filing lawsuits against the party who either directly caused your fall or owns the property where you fell.
You and your legal team may choose to file either a premises liability claim or a personal injury claim. Your attorney can help you decide which is the right course for you.
A Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Help Protect Your Rights
If you have been seriously injured in a slip-and-fall accident, you may be wondering whether it is worth your time and money to hire a lawyer. The answer is yes.
Here are five benefits of hiring a slip and fall lawyer:
- Your slip-and-fall accident lawyer can help you recover compensation for your damages. After suffering serious injuries in a slip-and-fall accident, you may be entitled to seek compensation. Damages you can recover include medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, punitive damages, and more. A personal injury lawyer can help you recover the maximum amount of compensation possible.
- An attorney will help you determine whether you have a claim and build the strongest possible case. Factors considered may include the circumstances of the accident and the severity of your injuries.
- Personal injury lawyers can help you hold the responsible party accountable. Was your accident caused by another party’s negligent actions? Were multiple parties involved in causing it? Then you may have a solid claim to file a lawsuit or negotiate a fair settlement. Your attorney can help you identify the parties you can sue.
- A slip and fall attorney can investigate your accident to gather evidence and speak to witnesses. He or she may view your medical records to document the extent of your injuries. Your legal team may also interview expert witnesses, reconstruction experts, and medical professionals.
- A slip-and-fall accident lawyer can give you peace of mind. Dealing with the aftermath of a serious accident can be overwhelming. A personal injury lawyer can handle all the legal aspects of your case so that you can focus on your recovery.
Do not try to tackle your slip and fall claim alone – let the experienced and fast attorneys of Gould Injury Law help you. Our attorneys can patiently help you to understand your legal options.
How Much Does a Slip and Fall Lawyer Cost?
How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? The answer depends on the severity of your injuries, the amount of damages you are seeking, and whether or not your case goes to trial.
Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, which means he or she will only get paid if a settlement is won. For cases that go to trial, lawyers typically charge an hourly rate. If your case settles out of court, your lawyer will typically take a percentage of the settlement as a fee.
There are normally costs associated with pursuing a personal injury claim, like filing and expert witness fees. Be sure you fully understand any costs involved before agreeing to anything.
How to Choose the Right Lawyer for Your Case
If you have been injured in an accident, you may be wondering how to choose the right personal injury lawyer.
Here are four tips to help you choose the right personal injury lawyer for your case:
- Do your research. Not all personal injury lawyers are created equal. Some may be difficult to get along with. Others lack transparency or reliability. A good reputation is extremely important when you are looking for a slip and fall lawyer.
- Examine the firm’s case results. Attorneys with good reviews may not have the results you are looking for in the area you need. A personal injury attorney may receive amazing results in car accident cases. However, he or she may get less-than-stellar settlements in slip and fall cases. Review results that the firm has for other clients in similar situations. This can help you determine the likelihood of a good outcome for your case.
- Consider referrals. Asking around or checking online testimonials is an excellent way to find out about an attorney’s reputation. Find out what previous clients have to say about the law firm in question.
- Interview potential lawyers. Meet with the attorney in person. This is your chance to ask questions and get to know the lawyer before making a decision. You can get a better sense of his or her personality and whether or not you are comfortable working together.
You should feel comfortable communicating with your lawyer. You have the right to speak openly and honestly without feeling judged. Your lawyer should never pressure you into anything or make you feel like he or she is not on your side. An attorney who values professionalism will treat you with respect and dignity right from the start.
Remember, you must act fast so your legal team has time to gather evidence and build a case. Gould Injury Law is here to help you through every step of the process, from filing your claim to recovering damages.
We understand that this can be a difficult and stressful time for you. That’s why we work quickly and efficiently to get you the compensation you deserve when we take on your case.
What Is The Statute of Limitations in a Slip and Fall Case?
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip-and-fall accident, you must act fast to ensure your case is treated fairly. The statute of limitations for most personal injury claims is 2 years from the date of the accident. This means that if you do not file a claim within 2 years of the day you fell, you may be unable to recover damages.
However, there are some exceptions to this rule. For example, the statute of limitations may be extended if the injured person was not aware of the injury until after the accident occurred. This is known as the discovery rule.
Similarly, if the injured person is a minor, the statute of limitations may be extended until he or she reaches the age of majority. If the victim is disabled, there may also be some exceptions made for the filing deadline.
Gould Injury Law is here to help you navigate the justice system. When you act fast to protect your rights, you give our attorneys time to develop your case and meet important deadlines.
When You Need Fast and Fair Results, Call Gould Injury Law
Gould Injury Law is here to help you through every step of the process, from filing your claim to recovering damages. We understand that you need support and want fast results, which is why we work fast and efficiently to get you the compensation you deserve.
The role of a personal injury lawyer is to help clients obtain justice and compensation for any damages. When you hire us, we will investigate your accident to determine who was at fault. We negotiate with the insurance companies to get you the best possible settlement. If they refuse to give you a fair offer, our team is not afraid to take them to court.
Dealing with the aftermath of a personal injury can be overwhelming. When you are already under this much stress, you should never feel rushed into making a decision. This is especially true when choosing an attorney to represent your case. That is why our lawyers offer free consultations to all potential clients.
When you hire us, our fast-working attorneys will do what it takes to help you seek justice. You can feel confident when you trust your case with our fast and efficient team. Contact Gould Injury Law today for a free consultation. Call 888-WIN-FAST or complete our online contact form.