Stamford Workers' Compensation Lawyer
Whether they work in an office, in a factory, or out in the field, Stamford, Connecticut, is full of hard-working employees. Regardless of your profession, you are protected under Connecticut’s labor laws. If you were injured on the job, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
An on-the-job injury can leave you struggling to recover physically, unable to work, and with mounting medical bills. In an effort to protect employees when situations like this occur, your employer is required by law to hold a workers’ compensation policy. After an injury in Stamford, CT, you should be able to file a workers’ compensation claim and receive financial compensation for your medical costs and lost wages.
Unfortunately, sometimes workers’ compensation claims are denied or an employee may not receive a fair amount. For this reason, it’s important to have a fast-working workers’ compensation lawyer on your side.
The workers’ compensation lawyers at Gould Injury Law, known as “The Fast Firm,” work hard to protect the employees who have been injured on the job in Stamford, CT. We understand that the last thing that you want to have to worry about is filing a workers’ compensation claim. It can be a confusing, time-consuming, and frustrating task – when you just want to heal.
Our workers’ compensation lawyers can help do the work for you. We will work fast to help you get the financial compensation you deserve. Contact our law firm at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule an initial free consultation of your case.
What is Stamford Workers' Compensation?
Workers’ compensation provides employees in Connecticut with medical and financial benefits when they are injured or become ill at their place of employment. The law mandates that businesses hold this insurance for employees to receive financial compensation in the event of an injury.
The amount of coverage varies from state to state. The insurance may cover:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Long-term disability
- Short-term disability
- Career training
These damages are most likely to be compensated for with the help of a workers’ compensation attorney.
Why Hire a Stamford, Connecticut Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
Ideally, you should be able to receive benefits within a matter of days of filing your claim. Unfortunately, it is not always as easy as that. The insurance company may deny your claim, or your employer may make a mistake with the paperwork.
In addition, filing a Stamford, CT, workers’ compensation claim is often more complicated than workers initially think. You may need to get tests and diagnoses from doctors, obtain copies of medical records, and properly prepare and file the paperwork. If any paperwork is missing or filed incorrectly, it can easily lead to you losing out on necessary benefits and having to return to work before you are fully recovered.
The workers’ compensation lawyers at Gould Injury Law firm have helped many residents of Stamford, Connecticut, who work in a variety of professions, obtain workers’ compensation benefits much faster than they would have if they had worked alone.
We have the knowledge and experience needed to help our clients overcome any challenges you may face when attempting to get medical treatment and benefit payments. Our workers’ compensation lawyers will act fast to make sure a proper settlement is reached. This way, you receive the medical treatment and financial aid you need.
A Stamford, CT, workers’ compensation lawyer will help handle the following aspects of your claim:
- Ensuring all paperwork is filled out and filed correctly
- Compiling all medical records relevant to your case
- Handling all negotiations with your employers and insurance companies
- Presenting your claim to the state workers’ compensation board if a settlement can’t be reached
Types of Workers' Compensation Claims Our Workers' Compensation Lawyers Handle
Workplace injuries can come in many different forms. Our workers’ compensation lawyers are skilled at handling a variety of different types of personal injury claims for Stamford workers.
The following are some of the different types of personal injury claims that we handle:
- Lifting heavy equipment: Heavy lifting can easily result in injury and has been known to cause muscular, broken bones, ligament tears, herniated disks, and other issues.
- Falling objects: Severe head injuries such as concussions and TBIs (traumatic brain injuries) can result from falling objects. This type of injury is more common in Stamford, CT, work environments involving construction or tree trimming, but head injuries from falling objects can occur anywhere.
- Burns: Fires, electrocution, or explosions can result in extremely painful, permanent, and disfiguring injuries.
- Falls: A fall from scaffolding, a roof, a ladder, or something else can cause extreme injuries.
- Hearing loss: Prolonged exposure to loud machinery or other sources can result in hearing damage or loss.
- Carpal tunnel: Repetitive motion can lead to tendonitis or other injuries. Stamford, Connecticut, employees that suffer from this might notice a tingling or numbness in their hands and find it difficult to pick up and hold objects.
- Illnesses resulting from an unhealthy work environment: Exposure to chemicals, molds, and toxins can lead to respiratory diseases such as mesothelioma and other health complications for Stamford workers.
Important Things to Know About Workers' Compensation Benefits in Stamford, Connecticut
Nobody expects to be injured at work, so when an injury occurs, you may receive a lot of conflicting information. You don’t want to be uncertain of what your legal rights are. The best way to ensure that you receive accurate information by hiring a Stamford, Connecticut, workers’ compensation lawyer.
The following are some important things to know about workers’ compensation benefits:
- Regardless if you caused the accident or were responsible for it in any way, you still qualify to receive workers’ compensation benefits.
- You don’t need to sue your employer to receive workers’ compensation benefits. This is a common misunderstanding. Businesses are required to hold workers’ compensation policies so that when an accident occurs, their employees can receive financial aid without needing to sue.
- Your personal injury didn’t have to result from one specific incident in order for you to receive workers’ compensation benefits. For example, if you were exposed to mold or toxins over a number of years and are just now having health problems, you are likely eligible for benefits.
- Your workers’ compensation benefits should entitle you to reimbursement for gas or transportation to and from your doctor’s visits.
What If You Disagree With Your Employer about When to Return to Work?
Your employer or the insurance company may claim that you are ready to go back to work before you feel that you are physically ready. Your employer may want you to return to work with modified duties in order to reduce or suspend your benefits. You may worry if you don’t comply that you will lose your job.
If your employer is pressuring you to work before you are able, a Stamford workers’ compensation lawyer can help. Any workers’ compensation attorney at Gould Injury Law can review your situation and present evidence showing that you are still recovering and are not yet physically able to return to work. An experienced workers’ compensation attorney will fight to ensure you keep your job and receive the financial aid you are legally entitled to. Contact our law firm today at 888-WIN-FAST.
How Does a Stamford, Connecticut Workers' Compensation Lawyer Get Paid?
The fast and efficient personal injury lawyers at Gould Injury Law firm work on a contingency fee basis. This means that we get paid only after you receive a settlement for your case. Your initial consultation with a Stamford workers’ compensation lawyer is absolutely free, and we don’t charge hourly or handling fees. After your case is settled, the payment to our law firm will be a small percentage of the awarded amount.
Our Connecticut-based law firm appreciates the hard-working members that make up the Stamford community. If one of you is hurt, we will do whatever we can to ensure that you have the medical care you need and the financial compensation you are due. After taking on your case, an experienced workers’ compensation attorney will work fast to get your case settled. Call us today at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule your free consultation with a Stamford workers’ compensation attorney.
Call a Stamford, CT Workers’ Compensation Attorney Today
Each personal injury lawyer at our law firm believes that all Stamford, CT, residents have the right to feel safe at work. If an accident happens and an employee is injured, he or she should receive compensation for medical expenses and lost wages. The workers’ compensation lawyers at Gould Injury Law are proud to advocate for Stamford workers.
Our personal injury lawyers have decades of experience in handling workers’ compensation claims. We know how Connecticut law protects the state’s workers and we are committed to defending their legal rights. It is the goal of our Stamford, CT, workers’ compensation lawyers to work hard on your behalf so that you can focus on what matters most: your recovery.
If you experienced a personal injury at work in Stamford, Connecticut, call 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free consultation with a workers’ compensation lawyer at “The Fast Firm.” A good lawyer will first carefully listen as you describe the details of the accident and then will develop a plan of action. There is no obligation and every conversation is confidential. The personal injury lawyers at Gould Injury Law firm are who you want on your side after a workplace accident.