Middletown Wrongful Death LawyerFree consultation
We want to express our condolences for your loss. The tragedy of wrongful death can be overwhelming for any family. A wrongful death attorney at the Gould Injury Law firm serving Middletown will work aggressively and fast to get you the help you need. We will aid you in receiving maximum compensation for the loss of your loved one. Getting your financial award will help you speed up recovery from the unexpected costs and financial stresses of your loved one’s wrongful death.
If you have lost a family member in a wrongful death accident in Middletown, CT, know that the Gould Injury Law firm stands ready to assist you. We will help you bring a wrongful death case against the negligent party. Having a wrongful death attorney on your side, you will get help from the law faster than you would otherwise. Contact us to speak to a personal injury attorney serving Middletown. Call 888-WIN-FAST or fill out the online form for a free consultation with a lawyer who can help.
Wrongful Death Accidents in Connecticut
You may be wondering:
- Does the loss of my loved one qualify as wrongful death?
- How much time does the law in Connecticut give me to file a wrongful death claim?
- How do I file a wrongful death claim in Connecticut?
A Connecticut personal injury attorney at Gould Injury Law experienced in wrongful death cases has the answers you need. Any one of us will be happy to give you satisfying answers to your questions. Call us for a free consultation to discuss your claim and get the answers you seek.
When is Death is Considered “Wrongful”
The following are some of the most common causes of a wrongful death case:
- Product liability: A manufacturer is required to produce safe products. When a product is dangerous, it must be labeled or accompanied by proper warnings and directions. A manufacturer that fails to meet these requirements, or is in some other way negligent, could be held accountable in a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Workplace accident: Obviously, some types of work are more dangerous than others. However, death caused by negligence can occur anywhere, in any sort of workplace.
- Car accident: Reckless, illegal, or distracted driving can cause a serious car accident. Motor vehicle collisions are the most common cause of wrongful death claims. When the victim’s death was directly caused in a collision where the driver was either negligent in motor vehicle maintenance or distracted, aggressive, or impaired, you may have cause to pursue a wrongful death claim.
- Medical malpractice: A doctor must use extreme care with their patients. A negligent or inattentive doctor could cause an accident that results in personal injury or death.
If your family has lost a loved one due to recklessness, negligence, or illegal behavior of another person or party, please call the Gould Injury Law firm to speak to a lawyer to discuss your case. You may be able to receive fast compensation for the loss of your loved one to help you recover financially.
Compensation for a Wrongful Death
In Connecticut, the pain and suffering of your family can also be compensated. This is a type of non-economic damage, covering the loss of companionship.
An attorney at Gould Injury Law will work fast to get you the maximum compensation from the party responsible for your loved one’s wrongful death.
Who Can Make a Wrongful Death Claim in Connecticut?
Any adult may serve as the executor, but if the decedent failed to select someone to serve in this capacity prior to death, then the court will name the executor.
The executor is then free to file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of the decedent’s family members. These may include:
- Husband or wife of the deceased
- Parents or legal guardian (if the person who died was under the age of 18)
- Child or children of the deceased (biological or adopted)
- Life partners or financial dependents
- Siblings or grandparents, when financially dependent on the decedent
Contact us to speak to a wrongful death attorney if you need to investigate further whether you can file a claim after your loved one’s fatal accident. A Gould Injury Law personal injury attorney will help you determine if you can file a wrongful death claim in Middletown, CT.
Why You Need a Fast and Aggressive Attorney at Gould Injury Law
Insurance companies will fight hard to deny paying your rightful compensation. A corporate attorney will work aggressively to reduce the compensation that you deserve. The law is here to help you, but it can be complicated and confusing. It is crucial for you to have a personal injury attorney that understands wrongful death cases and the details of your family’s case and needs.
The Gould Injury Law attorneys serving Middletown know how to handle the insurance company and their corporate lawyers. With the help of our aggressive and fast attorneys, you can receive the just compensation you deserve as fast as possible. The Gould Injury Law firm fights for the citizens of Middletown, CT.