Bridgeport Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Unfortunately, the severity of motorcycle accident injuries often means that you may be hospitalized. If you have been in a motorcycle accident in Bridgeport, you need to contact Gould Injury Law firm immediately to ensure fast compensation.
As experienced motorcycle accident attorneys, we can help you secure your compensation very quickly. With this compensation, you’ll be able to pay off your medical bills, pay for all repairs, and recover any lost income. We can also help you get the best possible outcome for your case.
Call us today at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free consultation and discuss your case.
What are the Grounds for Filing a CT Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Sadly, many insurance agencies, as well as the general public, believe that bikers are usually at fault in motorcycle accidents. This is why you need a motorcycle accident attorney who can defend you during your case. A competent personal injury attorney will prove that you’re not at fault and help you get your compensation.
The truth is that insurance adjusters who represent insurance firms are often trained to pay you as little as possible. In many instances, these insurance companies are able to get away with this when people don’t know their rights.
The good news is that you can fight the insurance companies with the right legal team on your side. Our highly skilled lawyers at Gould Injury Law can help prove your innocence and establish the grounds for your compensation.
We do this by using the following process:
- Starting with investigating the scene–Gathering evidence, finding out the cause of the accident, and locating witnesses if any
- Confirming the data–Comparing the collected data with what’s available in police reports, witness statements, and the at-fault party’s statements
- Checking for crucial evidence and details that may be missing in the police reports and witness statements
Identifying damaged properties caused by the accident and personal injuries sustained
- Building an airtight case–With the intent of proving that you were a victim of the at-fault party’s carelessness and/or negligence
- Approaching the various insurance firms–Both yours and the at-fault party’s as necessary to file your claims
Taking the at-fault party and their insurance providers to court if they resist paying your claim
This powerful process works and has helped us secure great outcomes for many clients. We can do the same for you too. As highly experienced motorcycle accident lawyers, the team at Gould Injury Law understands the impact that adequate compensation can have on you and your loved ones.
We’ll work hard to ensure that you get what’s fair very fast, instead of waiting for months. Don’t let the insurance companies pressure you into accepting less than you deserve. Get in touch with us today at 888-WIN-FAST to discuss your case and secure a fast and solid outcome.
Types of Motorcycle Accident Claims in Bridgeport
If you need to file a motorcycle accident claim, your claims will be one or more of the following:
- Personal injury claims
- Property damage claims
Personal injury claims cover the medical expenses arising from the treatment of your injuries and/or that of a passenger. It can also cover the loss of income or wages.
Before you can claim compensation though, you’ll need to prove that the other party was at fault. If you were at fault or involved in a lone accident, it might be difficult to file a claim. However, you might be able to file a personal injury claim with your insurance company if you have personal injury protection (PIP) coverage.
Property damage claims cover all damages to your motorcycle, other vehicles, and/or public or private property. For example, if your motorcycle was damaged in the accident, a property damage claim will cover the going market rate for your bike or its repair costs.
To be clear, the insurance company will only pay you how much your bike is worth after its usage–not the price of a new bike or the amount that you initially spent.
If you’d like to learn more about the various types of motorcycle accident claims in Connecticut, we can help. Contact the Gould Injury Law firm, “The Fast Firm,” at 888-WIN-FAST for a free consultation to discuss your case. Our motorcycle accident attorneys are always available to answer your questions.
Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Bridgeport, CT
Unfortunately, Bridgeport residents who ride more frequently are often at a higher risk of getting in accidents. These accidents are caused by many factors, some of which include:
- Distracted pedestrians jaywalking or suddenly using the zebra crossing without paying attention
- Distracted drivers, riders, and cyclists–This often involves people texting and driving, looking for stuff in their vehicles, or generally not paying attention to the road
- Other road users not seeing the bike rider
- Sudden turns or changing lanes by other vehicle drivers while the bike is behind or beside them
- Excessive speeding
- Careless and reckless driving
- Slippery road surfaces that cause a loss of bike control
- Drivers not yielding to motorcycles when the bikes have the right of way
- Drivers tailgating or driving too close to bikes
- Road rage incidents involving the bike rider and other road users
- Occupants of parked vehicles suddenly opening doors on to the path of an oncoming bike
- Bad roads and poor road design
- Driving while drunk or high on illicit substances
- Motorcycle riders not having adequate experience
These are some of the more common causes of motorcycle accidents in the Bridgeport area and the greater part of Connecticut. If you have been in a motorcycle accident, you need highly competent motorcycle accident lawyers who can handle your case and help you get fast compensation.
Gould Injury Law is the firm for you. Contact us at 888-WIN-FAST today for a free consultation to discuss your case.
Common Injuries Sustained in Motorcycle Accidents in Bridgeport, CT
Some of the more common injuries sustained in bike accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Brain damage
- Broken bones
- Deep lacerations and bruises
- Dislocated joints
- Severely torn tendons or ligaments and sprains
- Fractured face and jaw
- Spinal injuries which can cause paralysis
- Internal bleeding
- Post-traumatic stress disorder–Can result in fear of bikes or driving
- Head injuries like concussion
- Chest, back, and hip injuries
These repercussions are awful and often lead to prolonged hospital stays. Being in the hospital for an extended period is not only expensive, but it also keeps you out of work.
This is why you need a fast-working CT motorcycle injury lawyer who can start the process of seeking your compensation and getting it for you very quickly. The reality is: The faster you can get your compensation, the better your chances of getting the treatment you need.
Gould Injury Law can help you with this, and fast. Call us today at 888-WIN-FAST to start the process of getting your compensation.
Do You Have to Wear a Helmet in Bridgeport, CT?
Previously, Connecticut required only motorcycle riders under 18 years of age to wear a helmet. However, a recently passed bill has changed the age limit of motorcycle riders who are required to wear helmets. Brought into effect as of October 2019, this law has officially increased the age of riders requiring helmets to 21 years.
Offenders who ignore or break these laws may get a $90 fine for riding without a helmet.
While adult and experienced riders aren’t required to wear helmets, it’s in your best interest to wear one while riding your motorcycle. The same applies to your passenger if you have one. This way, if you get in an accident, your head will be better protected and the helmet will lower the risk of a TBI or other brain damage.
Contact a Highly Experienced Bridgeport Motorcycle Accident Attorney in CT
If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident, you need a Connecticut law firm that’s uniquely skilled at handling your case. Every motorcycle accident attorney at Gould Injury Law is trained to help you get fast outcomes through a combination of expertise, knowledge, and relentless legal representation.