Bridgeport Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or your loved one has had the unfortunate experience of being injured due to someone’s negligence, you can file for compensation. In order to do this, you need an injury lawyer serving the city of Bridgeport, CT, who knows how to move fast on your case. The Fairfield County, CT, personal injury law firm, Gould Injury Law, prioritizes fast results for our clients and is thus known as “The Fast Firm.”
Bridgeport Personal Injury Lawyers
We understand that you need your settlement as quickly as possible, and we’ll do everything we can to make that a reality. Will our speedy resolution impact your outcome? Absolutely not. If anything, our ability to deliver fast results further improves your claim’s resolution.
If you need a personal injury law firm serving Bridgeport, CT, contact us at Gould Injury Law. Our personal injury attorneys are highly skilled and experienced in personal injury law, and we can get you the outcome you desire.
Call us at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free case evaluation and speak to an attorney about your case.
What Do You Need to Prove in a Bridgeport Personal Injury Case to Get Your Compensation?
To get a fair settlement as fast as possible, you need the legal representation and advice that only experienced personal injury lawyers can provide for Bridgeport residents. Personal injury law has two major goals in achieving compensation for victims:
- To make sure that all victims are adequately compensated for their pain, suffering, and damages
- To deter others from similar negligence and minimize repeat incident
To effectively do this, your lawyer must prove that the defendant was negligent. The evidence must show that the at-fault party’s carelessness and/or negligence directly caused you harm. This applies to many types of accidents.
When you hire a personal injury attorney at Gould Injury Law, we’ll take a close look at the following components of negligence:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty of care
These are the four crucial elements that must be proven before you can file for compensation. Each element is important and therefore can’t be sidelined. We’ll seek to establish that the offending party owed you a duty of care–that he or she, or the entity responsible, was meant to help ensure that the environment was safe for you and others.
For example, if you slipped and fell, we’ll seek to establish that the property owner had a duty to prevent slip-and-fall incidents while you were on his or her property. Next, we’ll compare the at-fault party’s action (or inaction) and safety measures or protocols to that of similar property owners and managers.
Once it’s proven that the at-fault party’s negligence resulted in your injury, we’ll file a compensation claim on your behalf. This is how you can get money for your pain and suffering, along with other damages.
Get in touch with us at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free consultation regarding your case today.
Modified Comparative Negligence in Bridgeport, CT
Both your insurance provider and the defendant’s provider will look at the circumstances surrounding your accident. If the case goes to court, the court will appoint an independent investigator to do the same in a bid to establish fault.
If it is determined that you’re partly liable, the courts will try to ascertain the degree to which you’re worthy of compensation. So if you were 20 percent liable for the accident, and slated to receive a $100,000 compensation, the law courts will only pay you $80,000 in damages instead.
On the other hand, if you are determined to be over 50 percent liable, then you unfortunately won’t receive any compensation at all.
Causes of Personal Injuries in Bridgeport, CT
- Reckless and inconsiderate driving habits–Likely to cause accidents on the roadways
- Faulty vehicles
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol–Drugs and other illicit substances impair judgment, cause drowsiness, and slow down reaction time
- Wet floors or slippery surfaces without any warning signs
- Uneven carpet or flooring–Can cause trip-and-fall accidents, especially in nursing homes with the elderly
- Chipped or broken staircases–Can result in serious fall injuries
- Distracted driving–A recipe for disaster on the road
- Spilled fluids–For example, diesel spills can cause vehicles to lose traction on the road and cause accidents
- Lack of attention–A safety risk for people working in high-risk areas like construction sites; one example is backing up a trailer without looking at the rearview mirror and running someone over
- Mistakes in the hospital–This is usually grounds for medical malpractice lawsuits; examples of this include wrong diagnosis or prescription, misdiagnosis, surgical mistakes, and poor standard of care
- Assault and battery–This can cause serious harm to an individual
All these are grounds for filing insurance claims or bringing legal action against the erring party. It’s the job of the highly skilled injury lawyers at Gould Injury Law serving Bridgeport, CT, to identify the cause of your injuries and see if you have a case.
Once we confirm that you do have a case, we’ll then file your claim so you can get you the settlement you deserve. As reputable Bridgeport personal injury lawyers with considerable experience, this is what makes our law firm, Gould Injury Law, the logical option in your case.
Types of Injuries Caused by Accidents in Bridgeport, CT
While there is a wide range of injuries, the more common ones include:
- Head trauma
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken arms, hips, legs, shoulder, waist, or back
- Internal bleeding
- Knee trauma
- Herniated disc
- Scrapes, bruises, and cuts
- Rib fracture
- Soft tissue damage like sprains, torn ligaments, or ruptured tendons
- Back injury
The treatment costs for each of these injuries vary and mostly depend on how badly hurt you are. Severe injuries can lead to loss of income or wages and, in extreme cases, permanent disability. Your legal team must consider all of these before filing your compensation claim.
What’s the Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Cases in Bridgeport, CT?
For example, whiplash can take anywhere from 2 days to 8 weeks to become obvious. Meanwhile, internal bleeding can take anywhere from a few hours to several days before it becomes noticeable. This is why you should never assume that you’re alright after an accident.
Go get yourself checked out at the hospital immediately. Internal bleeding, for instance, can be a silent killer. There have been instances of people just dropping dead hours after an accident. Upon examination, they were found to have sustained internal injuries.
Don’t let this happen to you. You may feel fine, but you must be absolutely sure that you’re in the same shape you were before the accident occurred. In any case, you need medical attention as soon as possible. At the very least, see your doctor, even if your injuries seem mild or nonexistent.
Factors Influencing Personal Injury Settlement Amounts
In order to win, there are often many factors to consider. Some of these include:
- How badly injured you were–A key factor used in determining settlement amounts is the extent of your injuries. Serious accidents tend to attract higher compensation amounts.
- Medical and healthcare costs–How much will you need for your current and future medical costs? We’ll take this into consideration when filing your claim.
- Sufficient insurance coverage–Every insurance policy has a limit. The at-fault party may be unable to exceed insurance limits, but if you have your standard insurance as well as a personal injury protection (PIP) insurance policy, you may be able to get enough money to cover your damages.
- Pain and suffering–We’ll show the court or insurance company how the injuries you sustained have caused you discomfort. We’ve helped many clients prove their pain and suffering successfully, thanks to decades of legal representation experience.
- Property damage–If you sustained any property damage during the accident, it may influence the value of your compensation.
- Defendant liability–The degree to which you were at fault. The State of Connecticut considers this when awarding compensation for injuries and damages. Nonexistent or very low liability is good.
- Jury appeal–This is necessary if the case goes to court. Clients who are articulate, detailed, clear, and truthful are more likely to get the jury on their side. As part of our legal services, we’ll coach you to be likable and exhibit all the traits that will help win over your jury.
- Witness testimony–If there were witnesses to your accident, their testimony can influence the value of your compensation.
- Your age–In our experience, this is a less popular factor, but it can still play a role in determining how much compensation you are due.
These are some of the factors that we’ll advise you about as your Bridgeport legal representatives. Even though this list is rather exhaustive, don’t let it put you off. Think of it as a guideline that we use when taking on cases in our law firm.
In our experience, the court may not consider all the above factors, but it’s always better to be prepared. If your case checks off most of these, the odds of our law firm getting you a sizable settlement increases.
Fast-Working Law Firm Gould Injury Law Can Help You
Gould Injury Law is a reputable personal injury law firm with decades of legal experience in the following areas:
- Car accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites
- Workers’ compensation
- Wrongful death
We’re well-known for our commitment to helping clients in the Bridgeport area get fast results from their compensation claims.
We understand just how important time and speed are to you. When you have medical bills piling up, you need to know there are injury lawyers serving the city of Bridgeport, CT, who can move quickly on your case.
That’s what we do at Gould Injury Law. We have done this for hundreds of CT residents over the years and can do the same for you. We strongly believe in getting fast and speedy results for Bridgeport, CT, residents because we know you need fast cash.
With highly effective strategies and extensive legal experience, our law firm can get you the best possible outcome. If you reside in Bridgeport and need a personal injury lawyer, contact Gould Injury Law today at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free consultation.