Greenwich, CT Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
In one recent year, the State of Connecticut reported over 37,600 work-related injuries and illnesses in the private industry sector alone. Injuries are also common in public industries. Employees of all kinds, from real estate agents to library staff, have been known to suffer varying degrees of illness and injury or even death in some cases.
If you have sustained an injury while working in Greenwich, you can get fast compensation by filing a work comp claim against your firm. With fair compensation, you may get your injuries treated and recover lost wages brought on by the illness or injury.
We'll also help make sure that you're not treated unfairly after returning to work once you’ve recovered. If you want a fast resolution of your work comp claim in Greenwich, Connecticut, get in touch with the attorneys at Gould Injury Law today.
Call 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free consultation and speak to one of our experienced workers' comp attorneys serving Greenwich, CT.
Types of Workers' Compensation Benefits in Greenwich, CT
All injured workers in Connecticut are entitled to work comp benefits. The Connecticut Workers’ Compensation Act (CWCA) ensures that people who are injured on the job are adequately cared for. Employees who suffer work-related illnesses, injuries, or death have the right to receive the medical help they need.
Ultimately, your qualification to receive certain benefits will depend on the severity of your injuries and your ability to go back to work, among other factors. The following, however, may include the different types of benefits you may be able to receive after a workplace accident:
- Medical expenses for work-related injuries – This covers all medical expenses including hospital stay, treatment costs, surgery, post-surgery care, physical rehabilitation, and other medical-related expenses. There's no limit to the amount of these benefits. The benefits will be available for as long as the injured employee needs it.
- Wage loss and indemnity benefits – This benefit covers all lost earnings and the possibility of a permanent disability. You'll be entitled to this benefit for as long as is necessary.
- Temporary partial disability – This benefit provides financial recompense until the worker is completely healthy and can work at full capacity. Payments cover a percentage of whatever the worker was earning prior to the injury. The validity of this benefit lasts for either the period of partial disability or for a specified period of time.
- Permanent partial disability – This benefit is awarded to workers who have permanently lost the full function of a body part like the arm or fingers. This permanent loss of function is usually determined by a physician. The worker will be paid for the maximum duration at a determined percentage of his or her gross pay. How long the worker will be paid depends on the body part that was affected.
- Permanent total disability – This benefit covers any injury that renders you permanently disabled and incapable of working or earning a living. However, the doctor will look at six injury categories to determine if you have suffered a permanent total disability. These include the complete loss of sight for both eyes, loss of both hands (at or above the wrist), paralysis in one or both arms or legs, loss of both legs (at or above the ankle), loss of one arm and leg, or mental disability brought on by a head or traumatic brain injury.
- Disfigurement and scarring – This benefit is a one-time payment for significant scarring or disfigurement across the face, neck, head, or other body parts in such a manner that affects the employee's ability to seek and get a job.
If you have suffered from any of the conditions listed above, you need to move fast on filing your claim. We understand that this is a difficult time for you and your loved ones, which is why our injury lawyers will work hard to win you your benefits as soon as possible.
As an experienced personal injury law firm serving Greenwich and other nearby areas in CT, Gould Injury Law's attorneys are qualified to help you get your compensation. If you have been injured on the job, we can help.
We offer an initial free consultation for prospective clients who wish to discuss their cases. Call 888-WIN-FAST to schedule your session with a personal injury lawyer serving Greenwich, Connecticut, today.
What are the Grounds for a Workers' Compensation Claim in Greenwich, CT?
If you were injured while on the job, this is enough grounds to file a work comp claim in Greenwich. The accident or injury doesn't have to occur on-site or on the office premises. It could have taken place outside of the workplace as well. The key factor is that you were injured while you're carrying out work-related activities.
For example, if you were involved in an accident while going for a sales meeting or transferring materials from the company headquarters to another construction site, you can file a work comp claim. Yet, you must act fast to file for compensation and report the injury within the required timeframe.
This is important even if you think you only sustained a minor injury. Sometimes, these minor injuries can lead to more severe health problems down the line. You should also file work comp claims for minor injuries. This way, if your condition worsens, there will be a record showing that you reported the injury. This will strengthen your case.
If you need help with filing a work comp claim, our attorneys can help you. The process of filing a work comp claim can be quite stressful and complex. But our experienced personal injury law firm serving the Greenwich, CT, area can guide you through the process. At Gould Injury Law, our fast-moving personal injury lawyers are able to secure a favorable outcome for you very quickly.
Every lawyer on our team is highly experienced and can help guide you through the process of securing your benefits. We have done this for many clients who were in a similar circumstance and have secured very favorable outcomes for those clients.
Call 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled lawyers today.
Can Your Workers' Compensation Claims Be Denied by Insurance Companies in Greenwich, CT?
Insurance companies employ a team of professionals trained to investigate all work comp claims and determine their legitimacy. Unfortunately, some of the people employed by the insurance companies can be overzealous, which results in denied work comp claims or underpaid benefits.
This is why you must have the right law firm guiding and helping you through the process. At Gould Injury Law, part of our legal services involves gathering evidence, defending your rights, investigating the insurance firm's reasons for denial, and appealing the denial. Our aggressive, fast-working injury attorneys are trained to secure you the best outcomes and fight for you at all times.
Each injury lawyer on the Gould Injury Law team has extensive legal experience and has handled work comp claims for some clients in the past. We are fully prepared to take on your case and pursue a quick resolution.
Is Hiring a CT Personal Injury Workers' Compensation Law Firm Necessary?
If you work or live in Greenwich and have been injured at work, you should hire our experienced work comp claims lawyers if you want to file a work comp claim. As experienced personal injury attorneys, we have handled similar cases for past clients with satisfactory results.
We'll look at your injury, the circumstances surrounding it, and the severity of your disability, if you have any. With the details you provide and our investigations, our fast-working lawyers will provide you with the best plan of action. We'll also explain how much you may be entitled to as compensation and provide you with all the information you need.
Our highly skilled attorneys at Gould Injury Law are very knowledgeable about the work comp claims process and can give you the best advice about your work comp case, starting with your free consultation. We've been successful in helping other clients in similar situations. Let us do the same for you too.
Call 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free consultation and speak to an experienced work comp lawyer today.