Danbury, CT Personal Injury LawyerFree consultation
As highly skilled Danbury, CT, personal injury lawyers, we have decades of experience representing personal injury clients and handling their cases. So we know what it takes to secure a fast, favorable outcome for you. We are a leading personal injury law firm serving the city of Danbury because we’re faster at getting you results.
If you want a fast personal injury law firm in Fairfield County, CT, we’re your best choice. Unlike other law firms that like to take their time, we don’t waste time at all. This is the competitive edge that we have over the average Danbury, CT, law firm.
Our primary goal is to get you a solid outcome and do so very quickly. To this end, we’ve made sure that every lawyer in our law firm is experienced and great at delivering on schedule.
You shouldn’t have to suffer because of other people’s mistakes. You can get help. If you have been injured and are seeking recompense, our team of personal injury lawyers serving the Danbury, CT, area can help you. Contact Gould Injury Law at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free consultation with a knowledgeable lawyer.
What are the Most Common Causes of Personal Injury in Danbury, CT?
Personal injuries are also the state’s 4th leading cause of death. According to the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), unintentional injuries are between the 3rd and 10th leading cause of death in people aged 45 to 65. That’s right behind chronic conditions such as heart disease, cerebrovascular conditions, and septicemia.
Injuries shouldn’t have to cost so many lives or send over 330,000 people to the ER every year in the US, but they do. Unfortunately, the effects of personal injury can be overwhelming. This is why you need the help that a personal injury lawyer at Gould Injury Law can provide.
In order to win your case, we must first identify the cause of your personal injuries. This is a very important part of our law firm’s winning process. There are many causes of personal injuries. The most common ones include:
- Accidents caused by motor vehicles – Whether motorcycle, cars, trucks, boats, tractor-trailers or any vehicle requiring an engine or a mechanical contraption to move it
- Medical malpractice
- Slip- or trip-and-fall accidents – Falls account for the leading cause of injury-related fatalities in senior citizens aged 65 and above
- Premises liability – Accidents that happened on premises due to the negligence of the owner
- Defective products
- Construction site accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Dog bite injuries – Dog bites lead to hundreds of thousands of emergency room visits each year
- Nursing home abuse
- Wrongful Death
- Accidents involving moving vehicles and pedestrians
While some of these accidents can be mild, others can be ghastly and even result in wrongful death. When your personal injury causes significant pain and suffering, impairs your ability to go about your daily activities, or affects your loved ones, you deserve to be compensated very fast. This is what we do for you at Gould Injury Law.
When you hire Gould Injury Law as your personal injury attorneys, we’ll check out the severity of your physical injuries and the possibility of emotional or psychological injuries. In our experience, it’s better to check for all these elements at the beginning, so you can get all the help you need as fast as possible.
Personal injury cases with serious injuries often attract higher compensation because of the current and future medical expenses, loss of income, pain, suffering, and damages.
The good news is that you can get the compensation you need with the right Danbury, CT, lawyer. This way, you can stop worrying about paying your medical bills and losing income.
If you need a fast CT personal injury lawyer who is as committed to fast, favorable outcomes as you are, contact Gould Injury Law today. Call us at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule an initial free consultation and discuss your case with a lawyer who can help you.
Types of Injuries Sustained in a Typical Personal Injury Case
- Broken bones and dislocations–Usually caused by careless motor vehicle drivers and may also be caused by slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accidents.
- Road rash–Common in motorcycle accident cases
- Traumatic brain injury–Can be caused by falls, hitting your head in a motor vehicle accident, or something falling on your head
- Concussions–These often happen when you hit your head against a hard object or in vehicle accidents
- Cracked skull and brain damage–Usually common in motor vehicle accidents
- Amputation–May be the sad result of a severe motor vehicle accident where the victim’s limbs are trapped and the emergency responders must sever the limbs to save the victim’s life
- Whiplash–A common injury sustained in motor vehicle accidents
- Spinal cord injuries–Often a result of car, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Broken hip–Can be found in slip-and-fall or premises liability cases
- Broken jaw or facial fracture–Commonly seen in motorcycle accidents or car accidents where the victim wasn’t restrained
- Allergic reactions–Usually caused by wrong diagnosis or faulty drug prescription in hospitals
- Damaged tissues or organs–such injuries are mostly seen in medical malpractice cases and usually caused by surgical errors, wrong drug prescription and administration, and incorrect or delayed diagnosis
- Deep cuts, burns, and lacerations–May be caused by vehicular accidents or defective products
- Severe bleeding–Usually caused by motor vehicle accidents
- Disfigurement–May result from assault and battery or car accidents
In our decades of practice as personal injury lawyers, we have successfully represented hundreds of clients in and around Danbury, CT. These clients who had similar personal injuries got the best possible settlement very quickly.
The priority of every lawyer in our law firm is to get you satisfactory compensation fast, without compromising your case. As a reputable CT personal injury law firm serving the city of Danbury, CT, we don’t take cases with the intent of churning them out and settling for a fraction of what you can actually get.
When we take your case, it gets the full attention, dedication, and applied knowledge of a highly qualified lawyer. As highly skilled personal injury attorneys serving Danbury, CT, we already have multiple result-oriented processes in place to help you secure a great outcome.
These strategies and processes have worked for many clients. So let our attorneys do the same for you. If the notion of a fast, satisfactory settlement sounds good to you, contact Gould Injury Law today at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule an initial free consultation and speak to one of our attorneys.
Top Things to Do Immediately After Sustaining a Personal Injury
Start by picking up your phone and dialing 911. Getting medical help should be your first priority if you are conscious. Of course, this is after clearing the scene, if possible, and getting to a safe place. This is particularly important if you’re in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident.
Once you get confirmation that help is on the way, and if you are physically able, check to see if the other involved parties are okay. If you had people in the car with you, get them to safety as quickly as possible.
Collect evidence and insurance details
Next, gather as much information about the incident as possible.
Nowadays, most cell phones come with pretty good cameras, so taking quality pictures and videos should be fairly easy. Use your camera to your advantage. Record the scene and take pictures.
In personal injury cases, securing evidence quickly can often determine the size of your settlement. Some pieces of evidence break down with time, proving difficult to recover later on. While you’re there, get as much evidence as you can very quickly. If there are witnesses at the scene of the accident, get their contact information if possible. This will be useful when your lawyer files your claim.
Swap insurance information if you can. If you’re a victim of a slip-and-fall accident, please note that you may not be able to get this information immediately. Why? Because the property manager or owner may not be around. If the injury hurts, and you are able to talk, tell the EMTs where it hurts when they arrive.
This may save your life, as the doctors will quickly find where you’re injured. Once you’re stabilized at the hospital, call a skilled personal injury law firm like Gould Injury Law to discuss your case.
Work fast to file a claim
Even though Connecticut has a 2-year statute of limitations on personal injury claims, you really shouldn’t put off contacting a qualified lawyer. You must start the process of filing for damages and compensation claims very quickly if you want a fast settlement.
Talking to an experienced Danbury, CT, personal injury attorney can help speed up this process. Plus, hiring a lawyer helps you avoid dealing directly with the insurance company. This is important because the average insurance company’s focus is to get you as little money as possible.
Resist pressure from the insurance company
Insurance companies are notorious for coercing claimants into agreeing to unfavorable terms when they see the claimant has no legal support. But with our attorneys providing experienced legal advice and representation, the insurance company will take your claims seriously.
You should never speak to your insurance company without first talking with a lawyer. We can advise you on the best response, the best course of action, and how to answer any questions the insurance company’s adjuster has. More importantly, if the case must go to court, we’ll represent you and bring your case to a favorable conclusion.
Gould Injury Law has a reputation and process for producing a favorable outcome very quickly. This is why we’re the most logical option for you when you’re seeking a speedy resolution to your injury case in the area of Danbury, CT. Call us today at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule an initial free consultation and speak to our qualified attorneys.
What If You Were in an Accident But Don’t Feel Hurt?
However, some conditions like whiplash and internal injuries have been known to take as long as a week to show symptoms. So instead of waving the accident off, do the smart thing: Contact law enforcement and report the incident. Then go to a hospital and get checked out. Sometimes, symptoms are delayed because the body is in a state of shock.
For instance, there was a case where a lone driver was in a car accident. The car somersaulted several times and the driver came out seemingly unscathed. The driver went to the hospital, was given the once-over, and the examining doctor said she was fine at that moment.
The next morning, though, she could barely move and was in such severe pain that she had to be rushed to the hospital. Turns out that her body was in shock the previous day, even though she seemed fine. But, during the course of the night, her body had relaxed enough for the effects of the collision to kick in.
If you’re in a similar situation and are confused about what step to take next, you should talk to our skilled attorneys at Gould Injury Law. Call us at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule an initial free consultation and speak to one of our proficient attorneys.
Liabilities in a Personal Injury Case in Danbury, CT
Every personal injury case is based on your personal injury attorney’s ability to prove that the accused’s negligence caused you pain.
At Gould Injury Law, our law firm which serves Danbury, CT, and surrounding areas, each of our attorneys has substantial experience with proving negligence. We’ll prove in court that the at-fault party failed to use reasonable care.
We’ll prove that the guilty party’s actions, therefore, resulted in the pain and suffering that you’re going through or had to deal with. We do this by examining and proving the following components:
- Duty of care–There was an expected standard of reasonable care that the party should have held to. For example, the recommended speed limit in your residential area in Danbury, CT.
- Breach of duty of care–The accused party refused to adhere to the expected duty of care and broke the law; by exceeding the speed limit and driving recklessly in your residential area, for example.
- Causation–The other party’s actions directly resulted in your injury, pain, and suffering. For example, due to speeding in your area, he or she didn’t see your car as you were coming out of your driveway on time. This led to an accident where you were hurt.
- Damages–The accident has caused you losses. For example, you were admitted to the hospital for treatment and you couldn’t work for some time. This led to a loss of income, medical costs, and a lot of pain and suffering.
Successfully proving that someone was liable, and therefore, responsible for your injuries can significantly influence your settlement amount from the insurance company.
Connecticut is a “modified comparative fault” state. Therefore, the courts and insurance firms are mandated to check for faults from both you and the accused. To get your compensation claims approved, the other party must be at least 50 percent responsible for your accident.
You can be sure that any insurance company will check for this. They’ll likely contest your claims as well. However, with a skilled personal injury lawyer on your side, proving this should be a walk in the park.
Why Hire a Lawyer from Gould Injury Law for Your Danbury, CT Personal Injury Case?
As Connecticut personal injury attorneys serving the city of Danbury and Fairfield County areas, we understand the nuances of personal injury cases. Whether you’re dealing with car accidents or workplace compensation, you need attorneys who can do the following:
- Build a strong case for your claims
- Fight for and defend you
- Deal with the complexity of every case type
- Take care of the paperwork and hassles associated with filing claims
- Negotiate with insurance firms on your behalf
- Represent you in a court of law if necessary
- Get you a fast outcome for your case
This is what Gould Injury Law can do for you. We represent clients facing all forms of personal injuries. Each personal injury attorney on our team has the knowledge, skills, and competence to deal with your injury case. This and our ability to get fast results for local residents makes us the smart choice for anyone with a personal injury case in Danbury, CT.
We’ve been serving residents of Danbury, CT, and surrounding areas for decades and know what it takes to win personal injury cases. We’ll deploy every resource and skill set required to win your case.
One of the hardest things you may have to deal with is getting your life back on track after the accident. To do this, you must make sure that your lost income and medical expenses are covered.
Let our personal injury lawyers help you get back to normal life. Contact Gould Injury Law at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule an initial free consultation and speak to our experienced attorneys.