West Hartford Car Accident Lawyer
A car crash can happen in West Hartford even when you are driving carefully. The at-fault driver might have been distracted, disobeying driving laws, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Regardless of what type of negligence caused your accident, you will have bills, pain, and stress that you wish could go away. It can feel as if you’re living a nightmare.
You need a lawyer who knows your rights and the law of West Hartford. Our accident lawyers can help you receive financial compensation fast. Contact the personal injury attorneys at Gould Injury Law serving West Hartford, CT, for legal advice.
A personal injury attorney at our law firm will examine the facts of your case. Your legal team will use those facts to get you the maximum compensation as fast as possible. Contact us to speak to a personal injury attorney at 888-WIN-FAST or fill out the online form for a free consultation.
Financial Hardships of Motor Vehicle Accidents
Your auto accident in West Hartford was an event of unexpected and enormous physical stress. After the accident, you have likely been confronted with sizeable financial burdens to boot. An emergency that requires hospital treatment can financially drain a person’s savings rapidly.
Accidents cause mental and emotional stress. Conversations (either by phone or in-person) about medical bills and payments will become a routine event. Insurance claim adjusters pressuring you about settling your claim will seem nonstop.
This level of stress is amplified when the injuries you have suffered are long-term. Medical attention and ongoing rehabilitation can be extremely costly. Further, because of the accident, you may not be working. Thus, your income will be reduced; maybe it even turns out to be non-existent. The worry of how you will pay for this treatment can be emotionally and mentally exhausting.
The exact medical care costs will change for each specific auto accident case. There are common expenses that emergency patients experience after a motor vehicle accident, such as:
- Ambulance fees
- ER treatments
- Surgical costs
- Hospital stays
- Nursing services
- Medication costs
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
Our personal injury attorneys in West Hartford understand that no two motor vehicle accident cases are the same. The exact costs of your car accident will be different than someone else’s. What remains the same with all car accidents, though, is the high level of stress involved.
We understand that most households in West Hartford are not equipped for the extreme financial burden of the medical costs of a car accident. It is the goal of our law office to reduce your financial stress as fast as possible. Our accident lawyers want to use the law to get you full compensation for your medical expenses caused by the car crash.
You need a lawyer in West Hartford who will use the law to get you the help you need fast. Contact our personal injury attorneys at 888-WIN-FAST. We can help you meet and overcome these additional challenges after a car accident.
Why You Need a Car Accident Lawyer After a Crash in West Hartford, CT
Acquiring excellent legal representation in West Hartford is an essential step to receiving the compensation you deserve. The insurance companies will dispute many aspects of your claim. They may challenge who is to blame, how serious your injuries are, and the amount you should be compensated. They will use legal words and terms to try to confuse and take advantage of you.
Insurance companies do this because their goal is to pay out as little as they can. Your well-being is not their top priority. However, with our attorneys serving West Hartford, you are our top priority.
Our personal injury attorney will not be confused or intimidated by an obstinate insurance company. No amount of legal words or terms will confuse or discourage a lawyer at our personal injury law firm from getting you the compensation you deserve.
Our attorneys in West Hartford know how to:
- Examine the evidence of your crash with precision
- Acquire and make proper use of witnesses and video evidence
- Establish a concrete case that makes it clear you were not the cause of the accident
- Confirm with certainty who is responsible for the accident
- Determine and prove your injuries to get you the full compensation possible in your accident claim.
- Negotiate and reach an agreement with the insurance company where you benefit
Pursuing a motor vehicle accident claim is not easy on your own. Insurance companies will exert themselves to prevent you from getting what you deserve. An attorney at our personal injury law firm will work to prevent this from happening. Contact the Gould Injury Law firm serving West Hartford to get on the fast track to accurate and fair compensation for your injuries.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents in West Hartford, Connecticut
When you drive, you focus on the road ahead, your vehicle, and your destination. You expect other drivers to do the same. This would result in relatively safe driving conditions.
Unfortunately, many drivers do not do this. They drive while distracted. Sometimes, they drive recklessly or are downright inattentive. A cautious and attentive driver can become a victim of a crash when accidents are caused by these types of drivers.
When drivers fail to show reasonable focus while driving their vehicles, this becomes a matter of negligence, legally speaking. From a legal point of view, negligence, liability, and accidents all go hand-in-hand. A personal injury attorney will identify who is the liable party of your accident. This will aid your legal team in knowing who to pursue to get you compensation.
Often in West Hartford, auto accidents are caused by negligent acts like the following:
- Using a cell phone while driving
- Failing to abide by a stop sign or red light
- Driving distracted
- Failing to maintain a safe distance from the vehicle ahead
- Driving too fast for the conditions
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol (DUI/DWI)
- Disregarding the rules of right-of-way
- Using an improperly maintained vehicle or one that is defective
- Losing control of the vehicle
- Unsafe vehicle design
What to Do After an Auto Accident in West Hartford, CT
The first moments following an auto accident can be very stressful. Try to remain calm and think clearly. If possible, perform the steps outlined below. These following steps are valuable to both your health and your case:
- Give attention to your safety. Activate the hazard lights of your automobile. Move to a physically safe location promptly. If the other driver involved departs the scene, you should remain and report the accident.
- Examine yourself and any passengers for injuries. If anyone is injured, call 911. It is important to remember that although you may not feel injured, you still might be hurt – possibly severely. The human body in times of stress adrenaline so you may not feel immediate pain. But later, perhaps hours or even days, injuries manifest themselves. It is always prudent to get medical attention after an accident.
- Notify the West Hartford police quickly. This is true even when accidents are minor. An official police report is especially useful in legal proceedings. When speaking to the police, explain to them what you remember. Yet, if you are uncertain of a specific detail, it’s best for your case to not say anything. Instead, you can tell the officers that you do not know the answer.
- Get a copy of the police report and the name of the officers that are at the scene.
- Collect the information of everyone related to the accident. This includes the drivers and passengers of all vehicles involved. Collect the following information:
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers
- Driver’s license numbers
- License plate numbers
- Vehicles make, model, and year
- Vehicle insurance information
- The location of the accident in West Hartford
- Obtain the contact information of people near the accident scene when it occurred. These eyewitnesses include persons in the other vehicles, pedestrians nearby, etc.
- Take photos of the accident scene from multiple angles and viewpoints.
- Include photos of the debris, road signs, skid marks, etc. Look for video cameras in the vicinity that may have filmed the accident.
- Do not create or engage in dialogue about your accident on social media. Exercise caution about speaking about the accident with friends and family. These conversations might not be confidential and could be used as evidence against you.
- Do not discuss fault with anyone at the accident scene. This is especially important when the other driver’s insurance company contacts you. Be respectful but extremely careful with your words.
- Do not make a recorded statement, discuss fault, or sign anything until you have consulted with a Gould Injury Law attorney serving West Hartford. This is true even when speaking to your insurance provider. Be sure to speak to our accident lawyers first.
Consult with a personal injury attorney at Gould Injury Law. We can help you organize the information about your accident so that it is made clear that you are not at fault. Our legal team will deal with the insurance company so that you don’t have to.
We will remove the stress of fighting with the insurance company which will be trying to distort the facts about what happened to you in the accident. At the same time, we will make sure that you are compensated fairly for your injuries.
Personal Injury Claims: What Type of Compensation is Available?
The goal of receiving compensation after an accident is to help you get your life back as it was before the accident. The amount of compensation after accidents is determined by the established facts of your case. This includes the degree of your injuries and the costs related to damaged property.
In an accident with a vehicle in West Hartford that is not your fault, an attorney will seek compensation for losses that resulted from the following:
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages because of missed work
- Pain and suffering
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Any other costs that are directly connected to the accident
A Gould Injury Law attorney may seek further compensation for you as well. Call our law firm serving the West Hartford area for legal advice and assistance. We are “The Fast Firm” and, as such, are standing ready to devise a plan to get you the full compensation you deserve as quickly as possible.
Gould Injury Law Serving West Hartford, CT
Any type of vehicle collision can be scary and seem like a nightmare. Accidents can create medical bills that can’t be paid for some time, so you need financial help to recover. “The Fast Firm” of Gould Injury Law can recover that money quickly.
Gould Injury Law personal injury attorneys serving West Hartford know how to succeed in these nightmare scenarios. We work fast and aggressively to get you the compensation you need. Our firm will get you out of this nightmare and on track to a full financial recovery.
Call the fast-working attorneys at Gould Injury Law serving West Hartford, CT, at 888-WIN-FAST, or fill out the online form for a free consultation.