New Haven Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
It’s a beautiful sunny day, and you’re cruising on your motorcycle on I-95 in New Haven. All of a sudden, a car makes a left turn in front of you and there is no way you can stop in time. The next minute, you’re on the ground wondering just how this accident may have changed your life. This is just one of the many scenarios that you may find yourself in as a motorcyclist.
If you have been injured or have lost a loved one in an accident, you need a fast-working law firm with lawyers who will aggressively fight for you. Now is the time to call the lawyers at Gould Injury Law in New Haven, CT! We are a law firm with experience handling all types of personal injury cases including motorcycle accidents. We are here to assist you to get a settlement fast.
Do You Really Need a Lawyer for a Motorcycle Accident?
The answer to this question is simply, “Yes!”When you are injured in an accident, due to neglect or recklessness on the part of another driver, you have a right to receive compensation for your injuries. This applies whether you are in New Haven or elsewhere in Connecticut.
However, proving negligence may be a challenge for motorcyclists in some cases. In general, people have a bias against them, believing that anyone who rides a motorcycle is more reckless than other motorists and that motorcycles are all very dangerous. Often, insurance companies will use this bias to lower the value of their claims and offer low settlements to riders who have experienced a personal injury in motorcycle accidents.
The truth is that most automobile drivers fail to notice a motorcycle on the road. Some motorists just simply don’t have the same respect for a motorcycle as they do for the automobiles on the road. This is why you need a fast-working law firm, like Gould Injury Law in New Haven, to provide you with an accident lawyer who will aggressively fight for you!
The fact that you, as a motorcyclist, do not have the protection of being enclosed in a vehicle, means you are more vulnerable to experience serious injuries or worse. Something unexpected, like debris on the road, or a car rear-ending you, can cause a serious motorcycle accident, with life-changing results. In fact, the federal government estimates that, per mile traveled in 2017, the number of motorcyclist fatalities was nearly 27 times the number for that of car occupants.
In many cases, this is due to negligence on the part of someone else.
What Forms of Negligence are There?
- Left-hand turns: Due to misjudgment turning left in front of an oncoming motorcycle
- Speeding: Driving too fast reduces the driver’s ability to slow down to avoid a collision
- Distracted driving: Usually due to texting or using the cell phone while driving
- Drunk driving: Driving under the influence impairs judgment and reflexes
- Violation of traffic laws: Running red lights, improper lane changing, and tailgating
- Opening car doors: When the occupant of a parked car fails to look before opening the door
- Defective design of motorcycle parts: When the manufacturer fails to correct a faulty design or warn of a danger
These types of negligent actions are often the cause of motorcycle accidents which result in serious physical, emotional, and economic consequences including the following.
- Brain injuries
- Organ damage
- Loss of limbs
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Fatal injuries
- Depression due to change in lifestyle
- Emotional pains from the death of a loved one
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Lost income (current and potential)
- Medical expenses
- Home modifications
- Household assistance
- Funeral costs
If You Have Been in a Motorcycle Accident, What Type of Compensation Can You Receive?
If you have been in a motorcycle accident in New Haven or elsewhere, some types of compensation that you may be entitled to include:
- Cost of repairs for motorcycle damage
- Medical expenses including physical therapy and prescriptions
- Cost of mobility devices and ramps
- Pain and suffering and/or emotional anguish
- Recovery of lost earnings and possible future earnings
Why Contact Us
Serious injuries from motorcycle accidents can last for years and have repercussions even for the rest of your life. So if you have been injured, or your loved one has sadly been lost in death, let us help you during this difficult time and get compensation for your motorcycle accident. We are the New Haven motorcycle accident attorneys that handle all types of accident cases—and we do so fast!
Don’t settle for the low amounts insurance companies may offer you. Get the compensation that you deserve. Take fast action and get legal advice from one of our accident attorneys. Call Gould Injury Law in New Haven, CT, today at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free consultation.
Gould Injury Law
Top Rated Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in New Haven, Connecticut