West Hartford Premises Liability Lawyer
You’re out for a walk after dinner in your beautiful West Hartford, CT, neighborhood when suddenly you hear a growl and turn to see your neighbors’ dog lunge at you! Before the neighbor can call the dog back, the dog knocks you to the ground and bites you. You are rushed to the emergency room with scrapes and bruises, and you are even in need of stitches. A simple walk has left you with medical bills, emotional trauma, and unsure of how to recover financial compensation.
This is one of the many scenarios where it’s important to have a West Hartford, CT, premises liability attorney on your side. Premises liability is one of the practice areas that our Connecticut personal injury lawyers at Gould Injury Law have experience in. Our law firm will act fast to get you the financial compensation you are entitled to. We know that no amount of money can fully compensate for your injury, but a substantial amount can help to provide some financial security during this difficult time.
Property owners in West Hartford, CT, have a legal obligation to keep their properties well-maintained and free from hazards. Failure to take good care of a property can lead to innocent victims suffering serious injuries. If you or someone you love has been injured on someone else’s property, our fast-acting personal injury lawyers can help. Call our law office at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free consultation.
West Hartford, CT Premises Liability Claims Our Law Firm Handles
Premises liability accidents in West Hartford can happen on private residences, public places, or even government-owned property. Countless different types of premises liability accidents may occur at any time.
The following are just some of the injury claims our law firm has experience in handling:
- Slip-and-fall: These types of accidents can occur around pools, on unmarked wet floors, in stores where a spill has not been cleaned up, or in a host of other locations. Inclement weather is common in West Hartford, CT, during certain times of the year; failure to remove snow and ice from walkways and parking lots is one common cause of slip-and-falls.
- Negligent security: Overall, West Hartford, CT, is a safe community. However, poorly lit parking lots, stairwells, hallways, or other areas can give an opportunity to violence. Lack of security cameras or security guards can also result in attacks or muggings taking place.
- Dog bites: Victims of dog bite attacks are often left with both physical and emotional trauma. Homeowners can be found legally responsible when their dogs or other animals have attacked another person. If you have sustained a personal injury due to an animal attack in West Hartford, CT, our law firm can help.
- Negligent building maintenance: Building owners in West Hartford, CT, have a legal responsibility to keep their buildings properly maintained. Failure to do so can easily result in injury. Some examples of negligent building maintenance include broken steps or stairs, loose rugs or carpeting, broken handrails, exposed electrical wires, or holes in the floor.
Are You Eligible for Compensation After a West Hartford, CT Premises Liability Accident?
If you sustained an injury on someone else’s property, financial compensation is not an automatic guarantee; each premises liability claim is different. It’s vital to have a personal injury lawyer on your side who is skilled in this aspect of the law. Premises liability is one of the practice areas our law firm has decades of experience in. After your initial free consultation with us, we will act fast to begin investigating your claim and build a solid case for you.
The following are elements that must be proven when pursuing a premises liability claim in West Hartford, CT:
Duty of care: Your West Hartford, Connecticut, personal injury lawyers will need to prove that the defendant owned, leased, or occupied the property. This would make the defendant legally obligated to maintain the property and keep it free from hazards that could cause harm to those who enter there.
After duty of care has been established, your West Hartford, CT, personal injury lawyer will need to show that you entered the property lawfully. You will typically fall in one of two categories:
- Invitee: This describes a person who was invited either directly or indirectly, onto the property. Examples of this are customers in stores or patrons in restaurants.
- Licensee: This is a person who was invited onto the property for non-business or non-commercial reasons. A houseguest is one example of a licensee.
Breach of duty: Your West Hartford, Connecticut, personal injury lawyer will thus need to prove that the property owner breached his or her duty of care. There has been a breach of duty when a property owner fails to act with the degree of care that would typically be exercised by a reasonable person in a similar situation. As an example, a business owner knew for a length of time that the stairway handrail was broken but failed to fix it.
Breach of duty caused the injury: From there, it will then need to be proven that the breach of duty was what directly caused the plaintiff to be injured. Once it can be clearly shown that the West Hartford, CT, property owner’s negligence was the direct cause of injury, then damages can be pursued regarding those injuries.
As you can see, there is much involved in pursuing a premises liability case. Your best chance at getting a fast and fair settlement is having a personal injury lawyer on your side. Call our law firm today to schedule a free consultation with a skilled and compassionate West Hartford, Connecticut, personal injury lawyer.
Contact a West Hartford, Connecticut Premises Liability Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has been injured on someone else’s property due to unsafe conditions, contact a personal injury lawyer serving West Hartford, Connecticut, at 888-WIN-FAST for a free consultation today. Let the attorneys of our law firm be your voice during this difficult time.
After your free consultation, our West Hartford, CT, Gould Injury Law premises liability attorneys will act fast and immediately get started working on your case. The members of our law office will collect evidence, interview witnesses, file claims, and handle all negotiations with insurance companies on your behalf.
Our West Hartford, CT, premises liability attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you pay nothing to our law firm until your claim is settled, and you will never have to pay out of pocket. Call 888-WIN-FAST to schedule your free consultation with a premises liability lawyer today.