Stamford Car Accident LawyerFree consultation
Ask any residents and they’ll tell you that Stamford is a beautiful, fun, and safe city to live in. From its culturally rich heritage to its stunning ocean views, there are many reasons to love Stamford, CT. While the city has plenty of reason to boast, it does share a common problem with other cities in the area – heavy traffic.
Traffic jams are normal on I-95 with people traveling to and from NYC. Heavy traffic is not only frustrating but has led to many car accidents, some resulting in serious injuries or even fatalities. If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, the personal injury lawyers at Gould Injury Law want to provide fast help. We care about the residents of Stamford, Connecticut, and understand the physical, financial, and emotional pain that car accidents bring about.
Call 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free case evaluation with a member of our law firm today. The compassionate, skilled, and knowledgeable lawyers at Gould Injury Law will act fast to get you the financial compensation you are due after your car accident. Our lawyers are experienced with car accidents and other practice areas of personal injury law.
Our personal injury lawyers have achieved millions of dollars in settlements for our clients. We’re here and ready to help, so don’t hesitate in calling our office today!
Financial Compensation After Your Stamford Car Accident
If you have been hurt in a car accident due to the negligence of someone else, you should not be expected to cover the costs that you have accrued due to your injuries. After taking on your case, a personal injury attorney at a Gould Injury Law office will sit down with you and discuss the various ways in which you have been injured or are expected to be impacted by your injuries.
Depending on your own individual circumstances, your lawyer may seek damages for:
- Medical expenses: This includes past and future medical expenses for things such as hospital visits, ambulance rides, medications, and rehabilitative therapy.
- Loss of wages: Compensation can be sought for wages you’ve been deprived of due to the accident and in cases of a life-altering injury affecting future earning potential.
- Property damage: We may be able to recover financial compensation for the cost to repair or replace your vehicle.
- Pain and suffering: This is compensation for the physical and emotional pain that you have endured throughout your recovery.
- Loss of consortium: You may pursue these damages if the injury or death of your loved one has deprived you of their companionship or nurture and care.
- Mental anguish: This is when you are depressed or anxious, or your mental health has been affected in some other way due to the car accident.
- Disfigurement: You can seek damages for disfigurement if you have had a limb amputated, suffered severe burns that left you permanently scarred, or were disfigured in any other way.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: This is when you are no longer able to participate in activities you previously enjoyed such as dancing, hiking, swimming, or driving.
Why You Should Hire an Attorney After Your Stamford Car Accident
The members of the Gould Injury Law legal team understand that after a car accident in Stamford, CT, your goal is to make a full recovery both physically and financially. The best way to achieve that goal is to have an experienced lawyer on your side who knows Connecticut personal injury law forwards and backward.
The members of our law firm have been recognized as some of the best personal injury lawyers in Connecticut. Our attorneys know how to accurately calculate what your claim is worth and have the skills necessary to get your case settled for the amount you deserve.
After thoroughly discussing the details with you, we will do our own research and begin building your case. During this time, we will handle all negotiations with the insurance companies involved so that you can focus on your health and your family. Our law firm will fight for every possible dollar you are due for your injuries, while we will act fast to get you quick results.
In most cases, we are able to reach a fair settlement, but in situations where a settlement cannot be reached, we are prepared to go to court to settle your case. Contact our legal office today at 888-WIN-FAST to find out how you can win damages for your accident.
Actions to Take Immediately Following a Stamford, CT Car Accident
The minutes following a car crash in Stamford, CT, can be overwhelming and confusing, with emotions running so high that it can be difficult to think clearly about what you should do next.
The most important thing after a car crash is to make sure everyone is okay and to get help. After this, there are other steps you can take to help establish a workable claim with a higher chance of success.
Consider the following list of what to do immediately after a car accident:
- Call for help. You should always call 911 immediately after your car crash. Emergency care workers will be dispatched to help any who are injured and remove any debris on the road. Also, police officers will arrive on the scene to speak to all parties involved and file a report on the accident.
- Don’t apologize. Be careful not to say anything after the accident that could sound like an admission of guilt. Insurance companies are known to take apologies and contort them into admissions of guilt. It’s best to be courteous and polite without saying that you’re sorry.
- Gather evidence. If your health allows you to do so, the best time to gather evidence is immediately following the accident. Use your phone to photograph the scene of the accident, taking pictures of the vehicles involved, road conditions, injuries, and the surrounding landscape.
- Speak to witnesses. Try to obtain statements and contact information of any witnesses of the car crash. They may have seen what happened and noticed a mistake made by the driver of the other vehicle. For example, was the driver texting when the accident happened?
- Seek medical attention. Even if you weren’t severely injured in the car accident, it is still a good idea to be examined by a doctor ASAP. Some injuries aren’t apparent for days or weeks after the crash, but an official medical examination will help reduce the severity of your injuries and provide medical records that are beneficial for your claim.
- Contact a lawyer. After a car accident, your attorney will handle all negotiations with the insurance companies, help you get a rental car if yours is not driveable, and ensure that you get proper medical attention for your injuries. The lawyers at Gould Injury Law will act fast to negotiate a just and fair settlement for your claim.
When to Contact a Stamford, CT Car Accident Attorney
Contact the lawyers at Gould Injury Law office immediately after your Stamford motor vehicle accident. The longer that you wait, the more potential harm it can cause to your case.
Many people have lost thousands of dollars by failing to contact a lawyer, to properly document their injuries, or to obtain the proper diagnostic testing. Otherwise, they may have said something to the opposing party’s insurance company that was detrimental to their case.
Don’t risk doing something (or failing to do something) unintentionally that will harm your case! The sooner you contact our law office, the sooner we can get started working on your case.
Contact a Gould Injury Attorney Today to Discuss Your Accident
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motor vehicle accident, contact a lawyer at Gould Injury Law office today. Our firm has successfully represented many car accident victims in Stamford and throughout the beautiful state of Connecticut.
We pride ourselves on obtaining fast and fair settlements for our clients. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means we don’t get paid until you receive a settlement for your case. Call 888-WIN-FAST to schedule your free initial consultation with our firm.