Greenwich Truck Accident Lawyer
Picture yourself driving on I-95 through Greenwich, CT, with the windows down and your arm out the window, enjoying the soft breeze of the afternoon. Suddenly, the big-rig in the lane next to you swerves quickly in your lane, hitting your vehicle and forcing you off the road. The driver of the truck was trying to finish his last delivery in Greenwich. However, due to overwork, he was fatigued, drowsy, and careless.
Has this happened to you? Fatigued driving is actually one of the most common factors in truck accidents. It would be wise for you to consult with the truck accident lawyers at our fast-moving law firm regarding your case since truck accidents are more complex to handle than other auto accidents.
Did you know that truck driving is one of the most dangerous professions, not just in Greenwich, Connecticut, but in the world? In fact, in the United States alone, there are about 500,000 truck accidents per year. Moreover, truck accidents are on the rise.
If you or your loved one has been involved in a truck accident in Greenwich, CT, you need the personal injury lawyers at Gould Injury Law serving Greenwich on the case. Our injury lawyers will assist you to get compensation fast! Call 888-WIN-FAST to get your questions answered by a knowledgable lawyer.
How is a Truck Accident Different from an Auto Accident?
Some people have witnessed a truck accident in Greenwich, CT, but have never stopped to think about the many differences between an auto accident and a truck accident.
There are, in fact, numerous differences between the two. The complexities of truck accident cases make it prudent to contact an accident lawyer to assist you with your case. Here are some of the differences:
- Liability: Automobile accidents often involve one liable party. Yet, with truck accidents, several parties may be liable. These can include the truck driver, the truck owner, the trucking company, the truck manufacturer, the cargo loading company, the maintenance company, and many others. Any of these parties may be found partially or fully liable.
- Damages: Car accidents often involve just two vehicles, weighing between 3,000 to 5,000 pounds. Commercial trucks are larger and can weigh as much as 80, 000 pounds, producing much more force upon impact. So when an accident involving a truck occurs, usually multiple vehicles are damaged and the results can be catastrophic.
- Injuries: Auto accidents are commonly known as “fender-benders”, even though injuries sometimes can be more serious. However, you will seldom hear that term used in Greenwich, CT, for trucking accidents. Often, these accidents result in serious, life-threatening, or life-changing injuries. Some of these include traumatic brain injuries, spinal damage, broken bones, organ damage, paralysis, burns, amputations, and sadly even death.
- Laws and regulations: Truck drivers in Greenwich, CT, have to follow the same general rules of the road as automobile drivers. But they also must follow certain state laws and the regulations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). These regulations stipulate rules regarding such things as weight restrictions, transportation of hazardous materials, and drug and alcohol testing.
- Investigation: When an auto accident occurs in Greenwich, the drivers usually exchange insurance information, take photos, and get copies of police reports. Investigations for trucking accidents, though, are a lot more complicated than that! Evidence must be secured from various sources, such as time logs, inspection reports, repair records, black box data, weigh station receipts, and so on.
- Insurance: Car insurance policies typically involve just the driver and the victim. They also have lower limits because the potential losses from accidents tend to be less severe. Commercial trucks, on the other hand, carry commercial insurance which has much higher limits, due to the damages and injuries that they can inflict in accidents. Also, multiple insurance companies are more likely to be involved in a truck accident.
After considering all these different factors, can you see why you need fast-working truck accident attorneys serving Greenwich, CT, to assist you with your case? Trucking companies, together with their insurance agents, will begin to secure evidence quickly. They are always prepared for this in the event of an accident. Crucial evidence can be lost when you don’t have an experienced truck accident lawyer who works faster than those teams!
That’s why you must contact an accident lawyer at “The Fast Firm,” Gould Injury Law, as soon as possible. Our injury attorneys understand the pain of personal injury brought on by the negligence of someone else. An accident lawyer with our firm will aggressively fight for you to be compensated for your injury.
What Types of Compensation Can You Receive?
Since the impact from a truck accident tends to be greater, the loss, as a result, tends to be greater as well. This means more medical expenses, more days of missed work, and more emotional suffering. Let our truck accident lawyers assist you with your case for faster, more adequate compensation.
True – no amount of money can completely compensate for long-lasting injuries or the loss of a loved one. However, some compensation can certainly help you start rebuilding your life.
Our experienced injury attorneys, who serve Greenwich, CT, will work aggressively on your case for faster compensation. Some of the types of compensation your accident lawyer may pursue include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Loss of income (present and future)
- Property loss
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium and support (in the case of wrongful death)
Why Contact Our Truck Accident Attorneys Serving Greenwich CT
When a truck accident occurs in Greenwich, usually multiple insurance companies, with experienced adjusters, are involved. Their job is to minimize the liability of their clients. To accomplish this, they may deny their clients were responsible, or offer you a lower settlement. Don’t be fooled! Get legal representation from the fast-working truck accident lawyers at our law firm.
In addition to sparring with adjusters, you may be dealing with multiple lawyers representing clients as well. Just think of the time and expense to travel between different locations in Greenwich, CT, investigating and pursuing liable parties for compensation. Why go through all of that? Instead, save time and money by getting fast help from our experienced truck accident attorneys.
The truck accident lawyers at Gould Injury Law serving Greenwich, CT, are here to help you get the compensation you deserve as fast as we can, and we offer a free consultation for your first visit. Don’t settle your case for the minimal amount that the insurance company may try to offer you. Instead, find out how we can help you get you fair compensation as fast as possible.
Contact us at the law firm of Gould Injury Law serving Greenwich, Connecticut, today at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free consultation with one of our truck accident attorneys.