Greenwich Car Accident Lawyer
You’re on your way to your home in Greenwich, CT, after spending the day at one of the nearby beaches. You’re crossing through an intersection when, before you even realize it, another vehicle T-bones you. From there, you are left to cope with physical pain, mounting medical bills, and the stress of not being able to return to work. The personal injury attorneys at Gould Injury Law understand that a car accident can make you feel like your life has been shattered, and it is our goal to help you put the pieces back together.
If you or someone you loved has been injured in a motor vehicle collision in Greenwich, CT, the attorneys at Gould Injury Law are here to help. Our lawyers know that, after your accident, you just want to get your life back on track as soon as possible. We can help take some of the burden off of your shoulders by acting fast to defend your legal rights in CT, ensuring you get proper medical treatment, handling all negotiations with the insurance company, and filing any paperwork necessary during the claims process.
Our personal injury attorneys believe that every car accident victim has the right to top-rated legal representation. Our law firm has many years of experience serving Greenwich, CT. Call us today at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free consultation on your case. Our hard-working attorneys fight to win large settlements for our valued clients. We are here and ready to help – there’s no need to hesitate! Contact us for more information.
Know Your Rights in CT
Under Connecticut state law, you may be entitled to monetary compensation if you have been injured in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence. The amount you will be rewarded will depend on the cause of your collision and the severity of your injuries. After investigating your case, our personal injury lawyers serving Greenwich will inform you of your CT legal rights and fight fast and hard to negotiate a just and fair settlement for you.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may seek compensation for economic or non-economic damages, including:
- Medical expenses: This can include medical bills accumulated in the immediate aftermath of the collision, such as the ambulance ride, emergency room treatment, surgery, and hospitalization. These costs can also include payment for ongoing medical treatments like rehabilitation, therapy, nursing care, or medications.
- Loss of income: You may be entitled to recover wages that you have lost due to the injuries you suffered as a result of your accident. You may also be able to recover compensation for loss of future earning potential if your injuries will prevent you from working for months or years to come.
- Property damage: You could receive compensation for repairs or the replacement of your vehicle that was damaged in the accident.
- Pain and suffering: This compensation is for the pain that you have suffered as a result of the injury.
- Mental anguish: Compensation may be recoverable if your mental health has been affected in some way due to the car accident.
Causes of Car Accidents in Greenwich, CT
Sadly, even if you are a safe driver who follows all of the rules of the road in Connecticut, you can still be involved in a car accident due to the negligence of others. The following are some common causes of motor vehicle accidents in Greenwich, CT:
- Distracted driving: This includes anything that takes your attention away from the road such as texting, eating, talking on the phone, adjusting the radio, or programming your GPS.
- Speeding: Driving over the posted speed limit, or too fast for road conditions, is one of the leading causes of motor vehicle collisions.
- Aggressive driving: Aggressive drivers weave in and out of traffic, tailgate, or make other dangerous driving maneuvers that lead to them losing control of their vehicles or causing a serious wreck.
- Poor weather conditions: The weather in Greenwich, CT, can lead to snowy and icy road conditions during part of the year. Poor weather conditions lead to reduced visibility, and drivers sliding or losing control of their vehicles.
- Defective parts or equipment: In some cases, a defective vehicle part is the cause of a crash and the manufacturer of the defective equipment may be held liable for the collision.
- Drowsy driving: Fatigued driving has been shown to be just as dangerous as driving while intoxicated. A drowsy driver may have decreased vision, slower reaction times, and risk falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Drunk drivers: Alcohol plays a major factor in many car accidents. In Greenwich and throughout Connecticut, a driver with a blood-alcohol level of .08 or higher is considered to be drunk.
Types of Injuries You Can Seek Compensation For
Car accidents can cause injuries ranging from minor to severe. Our fast-working personal injury lawyers have helped car accident victims in Greenwich, CT, recover financial compensation for many different types of injuries, including:
- Spinal cord injuries: The impact of a collision can damage the spine and spinal cord. This can cause serious nerve damage and even paralysis, permanently altering a person's life. These types of injuries often require extensive medical and rehabilitation costs.
- Head injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can cause injuries and complications that are long-lasting. Head injuries may not become apparent immediately after a crash, so it’s important to get checked out by a doctor. Symptoms of a head injury may include headaches, nausea, cognitive impairment, and loss of motor functions.
- Broken bones: Broken ribs, legs, arms, and other bones are common injuries in Greenwich, CT, motor vehicle accidents. A collision puts an unnatural amount of force on your body; when the force is too much for your body to bear, you can suffer a painful break.
- Cuts and lacerations: Cuts can be caused by the impact of your vehicle with another, broken glass, or flying projectiles from items inside your car. These cuts can be severe, require stitches, and even result in infections.
- Burns: Gas and combustible engines result in explosions and car fires when vehicles collide. Victims that are trapped inside burning vehicles can suffer from extremely painful burns that require long-term treatment and rehabilitation.
- Internal injuries: Those involved in motor vehicle accidents may suffer blunt-force trauma to vital organs. Internal injuries are not always apparent immediately following an accident. For this reason, it’s important to seek medical attention if you’ve been involved in a major crash.
- Amputations: Tragically, a serious car accident can result in the loss of a foot, leg, hand, or arm. These serious injuries affect a person’s quality of life, ability to work and earn income, and the victim may require extensive rehabilitation therapy.
- Wrongful death: This is the most devastating effect of a car accident. The death of a loved one can leave families struggling with financial and emotional loss. The compassionate, fast-acting attorneys at Gould Injury Law serving Greenwich can help you recover damages and financial compensation for the dramatic changes that will follow this devastating loss.
What To Do After Your Greenwich, CT Car Accident
The moments immediately after a car accident can be overwhelming and stressful. Try hard to focus and remain calm. Keeping a level head will help enable you to get yourself and your family to safety and also allow you to document the collision for future claims processing.
The following are steps to remember after being involved in a motor vehicle collision in Greenwich, CT:
- Check for injuries. The health and safety of those involved in the crash is the top priority. Check yourself for injuries and then check on the others involved in the accident. Call 911 and get an ambulance on the scene as soon as possible. Even if there doesn’t appear to be a serious injury, make sure to call the police. That way, an official police report will be filled out to provide to your insurance company.
- Move to a safe area. If the vehicles are still operational after the crash, move them to the shoulder or another safe area out of the way of traffic. If you have flares or emergency triangles, use them to warn other drivers. If there is danger of an explosion, make sure to get everyone far away from the vehicle.
- Gather information. Collect information from all those involved in the accident, as well as witness statements. Be careful what you say to other drivers, for even simple statements like, “I’m sorry,” can be twisted by insurance companies as an admission of guilt. In addition to exchanging insurance information, also be sure to collect the names, phone numbers, VIN numbers, and make and model of the vehicle from all those involved in the crash.
- Take photos. Photograph as many details as you can at the scene of the accident. Take pictures of your injuries, the damage done to the vehicles involved, the road conditions, and anything else you think may be helpful to your case.
- Contact a car accident attorney. The experienced car accident lawyers at Gould Injury Law can explain your legal rights and handle all negotiations with the insurance companies involved. Our lawyers will act fast to make sure you receive a fair settlement as soon as possible.
Types of Car Accidents in Greenwich, CT
Our knowledgeable car accident attorneys have experience helping clients in Greenwich, CT, who have been involved in all different types of car accidents. We act fast to get you the financial compensation you need after being involved in a motor vehicle accident.
The following are examples of some of the different types of car accidents we have experience in handling.
These types of accidents are exceptionally dangerous, especially at high speeds. The laws of physics make this type of accident severe, since the speed of the vehicles combined amplifies the force of the impact. Sadly, many head-on collisions result in serious injury or even death.
Head-on collisions typically occur on two-lane highways, rural roads, or other undivided roadways. Pay careful attention when driving on these types of roads, as it can be easy to drift over into the wrong lane and crash into an oncoming vehicle.
Most drivers who hit another from behind were distracted and not paying attention to the road in front of them. Tailgating is one common factor in rear-end collisions. Typically, the driver in the rear is found to be liable, but there are some exceptions where the front driver is held responsible.
A rear-end collision, even at a low speed, can cause serious back and neck injuries with long-term effects. High-speed impacts can cause greater damage and leave victims with life-altering injuries. Our caring and compassionate lawyers serving Greenwich have helped many clients who experienced rear-end impacts recover damages for their injuries.
Side-impact (T-bone) collisions
A side-impact collision is when the front of one vehicle strikes the side of another. These types of accidents often occur when one driver fails to yield to a vehicle that has the right-of-way. For example, a driver that runs a red light could easily crash into the side of a vehicle that is passing through the intersection from the cross street.
Another cause of side-impact collisions is poor weather conditions. Drivers in Greenwich, CT, are no strangers to inclement weather. You know how important it is to exercise extra caution on days when the roadways are snowy and icy. During treacherous winter months, it is all too easy for a vehicle to slide on ice through an intersection and crash into the side of another vehicle.
These types of accidents occur when a vehicle rolls on its side or hood after losing traction or being hit on the side by another vehicle. Pickup trucks and SUVs are more likely to be involved in these types of accidents due to their higher centers of gravity.
According to the NHTSA, speed is a common culprit in rollover accidents. Statistics show that 40 percent of rollover fatalities occurred when the driver was speeding excessively. Almost 75 percent of fatal rollovers took place in locations where the posted speed limit was over 55 mph.
A shocking 50 percent of all rollover fatalities involved alcohol. Driving with even a small amount of alcohol in your bloodstream can negatively impact your judgment, muscular coordination, vision, and reasoning ability.
Heavy traffic is common in Greenwich and throughout Connecticut. High speeds, tailgating, and heavy traffic can lead to chain-reaction accidents where multiple vehicles are involved. When a vehicle is forced to stop suddenly on the freeway or other roadway and vehicles behind are unable to stop in time, the result is a series of rear-end collisions.
Even when traveling at low speeds, drivers crushed between two vehicles can suffer from broken bones, spinal injuries, cuts, and other injuries. Liability can be difficult to prove in these types of accidents, so it’s vital to have legal representation on your side advocating for you.
The attorneys at Gould Injury Law act fast to ensure that you get a just and fair settlement after your collision. Our law firm is proud to be serving Greenwich, CT, residents. Call us today at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free consultation of your case.
How Our Greenwich, CT Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
The compassionate personal injury attorneys at our law firm understand the havoc that a car accident can wreak on a person's life. The medical bills, lost income, physical pain, and emotional distress can be overwhelming. We care about our clients in Greenwich, CT, and we will work hard to help you get your life back on track.
After taking on your case, we will conduct a fast and thorough investigation. We will explore the different sources of compensation that are available to you. We understand that no amount of financial compensation can erase the pain that you have suffered. However, we hope that your award will play a part in helping you move forward past this difficult chapter in your life.
We will file all necessary paperwork and handle all negotiations with the insurance companies involved. Our law firm serving Greenwich prides itself on maintaining open and honest communication with each of our clients. A lawyer will explain the steps of the legal process to you, provide you with legal advice, and keep you updated as to the progress of your case as we negotiate a settlement.
Call Our Greenwich, CT Personal Injury Law Firm Today
You shouldn’t have to shoulder the entire financial burden of a car accident injury that was caused by someone else’s negligence. Let our personal injury lawyers help you receive the financial compensation that you deserve by holding the person who caused your injuries responsible for his or her actions. Car accidents are one of the many practice areas that our law firm specializes in. We are proud to be serving Greenwich, CT.
At Gould Injury Law, our skilled and compassionate attorneys will use their skills and knowledge to build a solid case for you, while you focus on what matters most – your recovery. Call a fast-acting lawyer at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free case consultation.