East Haven Slip and Fall LawyerFree consultation
Property owners often deny their involvement when someone has been injured. The attorneys at Gould Injury Law, though, can guide you through a premises liability claim to help you communicate with the property owner, insurance companies, or even the court, to prove the other party’s gross negligence. When you need to prove that an accident was not your fault, our lawyers can establish the negligence and get your claim settled fast.
Each lawyer on our team knows how to make Connecticut premises liability law work for you so you can get fast results. We are committed to representing you and your loved ones who were injured due to another party’s negligence. We are also devoted to helping you get the compensation you deserve.
Our law firm’s personal injury attorneys have provided many people injured in East Haven, CT, and surrounding cities, with essential legal assistance. Give us a call today when you need counsel and legal advice from an attorney with a local law firm at 888-WIN-FAST. There is never a fee if we do not recover a settlement for you.
Why You Need a Premises Liability Lawyer to Prove Negligence in East Haven, CT
Most property owners and insurance companies will try to shift the blame of the accident and deny their responsibility. Meanwhile, Connecticut law applies the rule of modified comparative fault. This means a visitor is responsible for their own safety within reason. Any property owner must make a reasonable effort to prevent injuries and keep lawful visitors safe.
Here is the gray area: If a visitor is aware of the present risk and suffers a personal injury, the owner may be able to avoid liability and fault. Thus, due to the complexity of proving fault, you need a fast-working lawyer on your side to receive as much compensation as possible.
When an accident occurs on personal property, the injured person must prove that the owner had a reasonable amount of time to discover and resolve the risk of injury. This amount of time varies among premises liability cases and can make it hard for you to prove that the accident occurred due to the owner’s negligent action or inaction.
Act fast today and call 888-WIN-FAST to arrange a free consultation with an experienced attorney in East Haven, CT.
Types of Premises Liability Cases in East Haven, CT
Gould Injury Law has won a wide variety of premises liability claims involving:
- Snow and ice accidents: Winter elements are often harsh in New Haven. Snow and ice accidents can accumulate and pose dangers to visitors. The accumulation of rain, snow, or ice on doorsteps, parking lots, driveways, and sidewalks can cause slip-and-fall accidents.
- Building code violations: Commercial buildings must conform to city building legal codes for the sake of the public’s safety. When building codes are ignored or neglected, injuries can easily result. You may need an attorney to help you prove code violations.
- Slip-and-fall accidents: Slip-and-fall accidents often take place outside due to weather conditions and also indoors. Floor defects can cause you to lose your balance, miss a step, and fall. Objects on the floor, such as cables and wires, or spills can lead to premises liability injuries as well.
- Staircases and elevator accidents: Accidents from loose or missing stair handrails or improper elevator mechanics can cause injuries to visitors and thus be valid grounds for a premises liability claim.
- Inadequate lighting or nonexistent security systems: When a lack of sufficient lighting causes an injury, the landowner may be liable. If a criminal action, such as a break-in or a personal assault, takes place on private property without sufficient security, the landowner may be held responsible for any resulting injuries. Defective security alarms, the absence of on-duty security guards, and inadequate lighting could prove owner negligence, even if it was unintentional.
- Explosion and fire: If you suffer injuries from fire, explosion, or chemical burns on private property, you may be able to prove you were injured due to negligence.
- Dog bites: People who lawfully enter a property and get bit by a dog can seek compensation for personal injuries. It is the responsibility of the owner to keep the dog and other animals secured to keep visitors safe from harm.
- Pool accidents: Many homeowners in East Haven, CT, install swimming pools on their land. Pool incidents can result in personal injuries and sometimes accidental death. In case of an accident or death due to unsafe pool conditions, you have the right to file a compensation claim with the property owner’s insurance.
- Sports injuries: East Haven offers a variety of sports activities for both children and adults. While, for the most part, you are required to sign a liability release, misconduct or negligence often plays a role in injuries sustained. If you were injured due to a sports organization’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation.
Common Premises Liability Injuries in East Haven, CT
Here are a few common premises liability injuries:
- Broken bones
- Electric shocks
- Burns from fires or chemicals
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Head trauma and injury
- Sprains or strains
- Loss of limbs or amputations
This is just a short list of the many injuries you could sustain due to property owner negligence. Our attorneys are ready to hear your specific situation and help determine if you should move forward with a premises liability claim.
Our law firm offers a free consultation on your premises liability case with an attorney, and once we move forward, our firm will collect any witness testimonies for the accident and gather all supporting data to help speed up your legal claim. Your lawyer will even get in touch with the owner and the insurance company for you.
Our goal is to ensure that you get the best compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and any pain and suffering due to the accident. As your lawyer, we work fast so you don’t have to.
What a Lawyer Can Help You Recover
Financial damages include:
- Current and future medical bills directly connected to the injury: Past and pending payments to hospitals, doctors, physical therapists, psychologists, and rehabilitation centers are considered
- Loss of income due to temporary or permanent inability to work: We factor in any work you missed during recovery and even calculate income lost due to the accident if you are unable to return to the same career and income level as you had before the accident
Non-financial damages include:
- Pain and suffering: You may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering along with emotional turmoil you may have due to the accident
- Quality of life deterioration and adjustments: If you cannot continue your regular lifestyle and hobbies due to the accident, you may seek financial compensation for the loss
- Loss of consortium: A spouse or dependent may have the right to receive compensation for loss of companionship, comfort, care, protection, and sexual services
A Gould Injury Law Attorney Can Help You Win a Premises Liability Case in East Haven, CT
We are also fully prepared to take your premises liability case to court if the liable party denies responsibility. Not only will our law firm file a civil lawsuit against the property owner, but your lawyer will also stand by your side and represent you every step of the way.
We know money is tight during this time. There is no need for you to worry about legal payments on top of everything else you have going on. Gould Injury Law will only accept payment when you receive compensation.
Our track record of successful premises liability cases for injured victims will assure you that you will have the best outcome for your case. Call 888-WIN-FAST to get in touch with Gould Injury Law firm and have our legal team make an appointment with an attorney to discuss your options.
Contact a Gould Injury Law Attorney to Recover Fast After an Injury
We know that anybody injured must focus on health and recovery after an accident. We will take every measure necessary to help you focus on just that. If you were injured of no fault of your own, it is important for you to get a lawyer on the case promptly while the details of the incident are still fresh in your mind.
There is a 2-year statute of limitations from the date of the incident. It may seem like you have a lot of time now, but time flies by all to quickly in the legal sphere. The quicker you obtain legal advice, the better; it will help to prove fault and get a settlement fast.
At Gould Injury Law, we will examine all the possible types of compensation specific to your case and how you have been injured. Don’t let an owner’s negligence ruin your life! Call 888-WIN-FAST to reach a lawyer today.
Gould Injury Law