East Haven, CT Motorcycle Accident LawyerFree consultation
Bike accidents can be serious and, in extreme cases, fatal. Why? Well, there’s no buffer between the rider and other vehicles, bikes, and pedestrians. A motorcycle accident can cause grave injuries that need medical treatment, and as the bills add up, you realize that you need compensation, and fast.
If you’ve been in a bike accident, you need the help of the experienced motorcycle accident lawyers at Gould Injury Law. Our personal injury lawyers can help you secure the appropriate settlement. We have handled hundreds of similar cases in East Haven, CT, so you’re in good hands with us. Call us today at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free consultation and discuss your case with a personal injury lawyer.
Major Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in East Haven, CT
There are many factors responsible for motorcycle accidents in Connecticut. These include:
- Excessive speeding–Could be on the part of the rider or the other party
- Distracted pedestrians and drivers–People who talk or text on the phone while driving have been responsible for many accidents
- Road rage–For example, a driver chasing or tailgating you because you got in an argument at a red light
- Vehicle drivers not seeing motorcycle riders
- Drivers refusing to yield to the bike, even though the bike has the right of way
- Slippery road surfaces
- Driving while intoxicated
- Lack of experience on the part of the bike rider
- Other vehicles initiating sudden turns in front of a bike
- Car drivers suddenly switching lanes in front of a bike
- Stationary vehicle occupants opening doors directly into the motorcycle’s path
- Bad roads–Roads with potholes and craters are more likely to cause bike accidents
- Poor road design
- Distracted pedestrians–For example, a pedestrian absentmindedly walking into the path of a motorcycle when on the phone
- Overtaking at a wrong turn
- Careless driving and ignoring traffic laws
These are the most common reasons why bike riders get in an accident and sustain serious injuries. Even if you were not at fault, however, your personal injury attorney must prove that you aren’t liable for the damages incurred. This is why you need a fast-working motorcycle accident law firm like Gould Injury Law on your side. We understand the nuances of these cases and can deliver a very fast outcome for you.
Unlike car accident cases, bike accidents are often a bit more complex under the law. But with our motorcycle accident attorneys representing you, you will get great results without any delays. Contact our law firm at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free initial consultation with a personal injury lawyer today.
Most Common Injuries Sustained in Motorcycle Accidents
Thus, even mild accidents that ordinarily wouldn’t cause any harm to vehicle passengers, by contrast, can be severe for bike riders. For example, if a car brushes against another motor vehicle, both vehicles may need some slight bodywork. But if that car brushes against a bike with someone on it, the person on the bike could be seriously injured.
This is why the Connecticut DMV places a lot of emphasis on safety while riding motorcycles in Connecticut. Some of the more common injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents include:
- Soft tissue injuries–Ligaments and tendons are often injured, resulting in intense pain
- Broken bones and dislocations–By far the most common personal injury
- Jaw and facial fractures
- Roadrash–This happens frequently and can result in severe bruises, peeled skin, deep cuts, and lacerations
- Possible disfigurement
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal injuries resulting in paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries–In extreme cases, TBIs have led to coma and brain damage
- Head injuries and broken skulls
- Concussion–As well as post-concussion syndrome with symptoms like migraines, dizziness; this can last for weeks or months after the concussion
- PTSD–Some riders stop riding because of flashbacks and trauma
- Back, neck, hip or knee injuries
Your personal injury lawyers must take the severity of your injury and its repercussions into consideration when filing for your compensation or settlement. For example, serious injuries may require a considerable hospital stay. If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident and sustained significant injuries, you may require long-term treatment, even after you’ve been discharged from the hospital.
You may also need physical therapy to get moving again or require medications to help manage the pains and other recurring symptoms for a while. For instance, some injuries like traumatic brain injury can lead to permanent disability. This can directly affect your ability to earn a living.
You need a personal injury attorney who understands your pain and suffering and more. The right lawyer for you will work fast and is willing to go to any length to get you the results you need.
At Gould Injury Law, our personal injury lawyers have unique experience handling motorcycle accident cases. We know how devastating these accidents can be and what’s at stake. We understand that you need help very quickly.
This is why we’re committed to helping you secure your compensation as quickly as possible, without any impact on your overall settlement amount. Our approach to fast resolutions is designed to get you the max amount possible in the shortest possible time.
If you have been in a motorcycle accident, contact us today at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free consultation with a lawyer who can get you fast results.
Proving Liability After a Motorcycle Accident in Connecticut
Therefore, proving liability is central to your case. In fact, most insurance companies are going to fight you on your claims, particularly if the amount involved is significant. However, with the help of a good motorcycle accident law firm serving the areas in and around East Haven, CT, this can be done.
At Gould Injury Law firm, our approach to motorcycle accidents is swift, aggressive, and powerful. Our process involves:
- Thoroughly investigating the scene, determining the cause, and collecting crucial evidence
- Cross-referencing compiled information with witness statements, police reports, and statements from the other party
- Assessing property damage, if any
- Going over the incident and reconstructing the scene to find anything that the police and other witnesses missed
- Building a case against the at-fault party, proving that his or her negligence and/or carelessness caused the incident and therefore the subsequent pain and suffering you’re going through
- Filing for compensation with all insurance companies involved–If you have personal injury protection (PIP) coverage, we can also file for compensation from your insurance provider
This is the same process that we’ve used to help our clients secure favorable settlements from insurance companies. We can help you do the same. Find out the first step for free in a consultation with a personal injury lawyer at Gould Injury Law. Call 888-WIN-FAST today!
Contact Gould Injury Law for Your East Haven, CT Motorcycle Accident Claim
In fact, it’s not unusual for insurance companies in Connecticut to hire a private investigator to keep tabs on you and gather evidence to refute your claims. Beware of their many tricks and avoid falling for their schemes. If the insurance company can’t find anything to use against you, they will make you a quick low-ball offer with an artificial deadline.
Don’t deal with the insurance company without the assistance of a lawyer. Let us help you by providing you with legal guidance and representation based on solid experience. More importantly, let us help you get the compensation you deserve very quickly. Before you speak to any insurance adjuster, call us at Gould Injury Law in East Haven, CT, at 888-WIN-FAST to schedule a free initial consultation with a personal injury lawyer.
When You Need Help–Contact One of Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
When you have Gould Injury Law on your side, we will help you gather evidence and build a solid foundation for your case. We do not drag out the case; we get you the compensation you deserve quickly.
In order to win your personal injury case, you need an attorney with in-depth knowledge of not only state laws, but also a complete understanding of how insurance companies operate and how the judicial system works. Gould Injury Law has that personal injury law experience.
What’s more, we have the compassion and empathy to understand your needs along with the toughness and backbone to stand up and fight for you–our client.
We take your claim personally. We know that every case is different, but your story is our story, and we want to understand every aspect. We are personally committed to you and helping you win your case.
Don’t settle for a meager insurance settlement when you deserve so much more. Gould Injury Law can help make sure you receive everything due to you and then some.
When you are ready to work with a motorcycle accident attorney and law firm that can get the job done faster than others can, give us a call at 888-WIN-FAST for a free consultation today and get the “fast firm” Gould Injury Law on your side.
Gould Injury Law