Bristol Slip and Fall Lawyer
You find yourself at stores, businesses, friends’ homes, and various other places on most days. You have a lot to do and you move quickly. You assume that where you are walking is safe, yet, you slip and fall. A serious injury can happen in an instant.
When you fall, everything snowballs really quickly. Before you know it, your bills have piled up. You need a law firm that understands your rights and can help you recover financially just as fast.
Our Connecticut law firms are here to help you. Call the personal injury attorneys at Gould Injury Law serving Bristol, CT. Contact us at 888-WIN-FAST or fill out the online form for a free consultation.
Who is Responsible for a Slip and Fall Accident and Why?
In Bristol, Connecticut, private citizens, businesses, municipalities, and the federal government must all provide reasonably safe conditions for people. When you are injured on another party’s property, they may be considered liable for your injuries.
Understanding what is legally considered “reasonably safe” in our Bristol, CT, area can be complicated. An experienced premises liability attorney who understands personal injury law can help you navigate these complex legal waters. Premises liability cases require an attorney who is familiar with these laws and can get you the compensation you deserve as fast as possible.
In Bristol, CT, some of the most common causes of premises liability claims include:
- Walkways in disrepair or left unmaintained
- Deficient lighting
- Faulty or old stairways
- Unsecured items above a person
- Insufficient or careless security
What Can Affect Your Slip and Fall Injury Compensation?
In addition to the types of injuries you suffered and who was at fault, an important aspect of premises liability law is the reason you were on the property. Depending on the visitor’s status, this can affect how you may be compensated legally.
An attorney can help you determine what type of visitor you were at the time of your accident and what degree of compensation you can receive. These are the general classifications:
- Trespassers–A trespasser is someone who has no legal right to be on the property. Generally, it is difficult for a trespasser to receive compensation. However, if it can be proven that the property owner knew it is probable that a trespasser would come onto the property, then he or she could be held liable.
- Licensees–A licensee is on the property to do something for themselves with the owner’s consent. The licensee must be informed of any present dangers, and the owner may not be under a legal obligation to fix them.
- Invitees–An invitee is invited to enter the property. The owner must provide all reasonable safeguards to ensure the invitee’s safety.
- Children–Regardless of whether the child was an invitee or a trespasser, the law requires a property owner to take intensified precautions to protect children from harm on a property.
A Gould Injury Law personal injury attorney knows your rights and can explain them to you. We can help you understand legally what type of visitor you were at the time you were injured. Together, we can determine how to build a strong case so you can receive fair compensation for your injuries.
Gould Injury Law Can Get You Back on Your Feet Fast
A premises liability accident case can be difficult to establish. This is especially true when the cause of the accident was a condition that is not permanent: for example, a wet floor, snow, or ice.
Also, dealing with insurance companies can leave you with a headache worse than a blow to the head. For these reasons, you will want a capable Connecticut premises liability attorney on your side.
Trust should be at the heart of every attorney-client relationship, and that’s why we dedicate ourselves to prioritizing your slip-and-fall claim. We will not set it aside and then rush to settle it only when the statute of limitations is about to run out. Rather, the lawyers at Gould Injury Law have the resources and understanding that are needed to investigate your case and manage your legal services efficiently.
After a serious accident in Bristol, Connecticut, contact a Gould Injury Law attorney. Our law firm will get you the legal advice and help you need–and fast. Call our Bristol premises liability attorneys at 888-WIN-FAST or fill out the online form for a free consultation.