Bristol Premises Liability Lawyer
Imagine that you and your family just enjoyed a wonderful dinner at one of Bristol’s many restaurants. But as you walk down the stairs of the restaurant to leave – SNAP! – the railing breaks and you fall down a flight of stairs. You’ve severely injured your back and need to be rushed to the emergency room. Faced with a long recovery and mounting hospital bills, you’re unsure of what steps to take for financial compensation.
This is just one of the many countless scenarios in which you should make sure to have a personal injury firm serving Bristol, CT, on your side. Property owners in Bristol have a legal obligation to keep their land and buildings safe for those who visit and conduct business there. Failure to maintain a property can lead to innocent victims suffering devastating injuries. The personal injury lawyers at Gould Injury Law are experienced at holding property owners responsible for their negligence. We will act fast to get you the justice and financial compensation you are due.
If you or someone you love has been severely injured in an accident on someone’s property due to negligence, contact an attorney today. Negligent property owners and businesses must be held accountable for their actions that cause harm to others. The personal injury lawyers at Gould Injury Law in Hartford, CT, (among other locations around Connecticut) have years of experience in premises liability cases. Call 888-WIN-FAST today to schedule a free initial consultation on your Bristol case.
What Exactly is Premises Liability?
In the state of CT, if you were injured on someone else’s property, you may have grounds to file a premises liability claim. Premises liability is an area of the law that protects those who were injured on the property of another.
Examples of premises liability cases could involve:
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Falling merchandise
- Exposure to toxic chemicals or mold
- Dog bites
- Ice and snow injuries
- Assaults as a result of poor security or lighting
- Dram shop liquor violation
- Dangerous elevators or escalators
- Hallways, walkways, or aisles that are uneven, cracked, or littered with tripping hazards
If you were injured on someone’s property, there are certain elements that need to be proven in order to pursue a claim. Your best chance at receiving financial compensation is to have an attorney on your side with experience in this area of the law. The legal services offered at our CT law firm have helped many clients receive top settlements in premises liability cases.
What Must Be Proven In a Bristol, CT Premises Liability Case?
There are certain factors that need to be proven in a CT premises liability case. The legal team at a personal injury firm will help you gather evidence to build your case.
Typically you will need to prove:
- Duty of care: You must prove that the property owner had a duty of care to the injured party. If so, the property owner is required to use reasonable care to keep the property safe from potential hazards.
- The breached duty of care caused the injury: Lastly, it must be shown that the property owner did not use reasonable care. For example, perhaps he or she knew a staircase railing was broken but failed to repair it.
- Breached duty of care: It must be shown that the injury was a direct result of a breached duty of care. It must be proven that the injury and the property owner’s negligence were directly connected.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
If you or someone you love has been injured on someone else's property in CT, you may be entitled to financial compensation. It’s important to contact an attorney as soon as possible after your injury. Otherwise, the evidence needed to prove your case may be repaired or removed.
Our lawyers pride themselves on settling cases faster than other law firms. We also value the attorney-client relationship and work hard to obtain maximum compensation for anyone who places their case in our care. Call 888-WIN-FAST to schedule your initial free consultation.